Bassoonist in Boston area

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Bassoonist in Boston area

Postby bignaf » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:12 am

sorry, i haven't posted in long time. nice bassoon OT! I got a bassoonist from New England Conservatory. and my quintet rehearsals are going fine. string quartet also going fine, very bust people in that group. the sextet with Baritone is not going well, rehearsal was cancelled by snow. I'm trying to gather performer sofr a 14-player piece. I'm having bassoon problems in it again. the quintet bassoonist will play in it, but I need a Contra-bassoon player. hopefully I'll get one, since they only need to show up for concert, part is very easy. even OT could play it. there are two more pieces on my recital: my Petrach cycle, and the old klezmer/gamelan piece, revised.
I'm finishing up an orchestration of two of the Petrarch sonnets, due tomorrow 9 AM in the dept. head mail box, I'm hoping to have it selected for playing the the year-end concert.
back to orchestrating and chasing perfomers...
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:43 am

Originally posted by bignaf:
back to orchestrating and chasing perfomers...
Wow. Sounds like you've got your hands full, what with all those projects. You sound like the proverbial one-armed paperhanger, or the herder of cats. :D
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby GreatCarouser » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:59 pm

I know its late but perhaps a High School orchestra is the place to search *ig?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby bignaf » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:38 pm

that's a good suggestion, but when dealing with high school players, i really need to have recommendations, because of the great variablility in talent and experience.
I finished the orchestration this morning and got about 3 hours of sleep. but i got it in in time.
bignaf
1st Chair

Previous

Return to Musical Notes