Film at 11

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Film at 11

Postby hhsailor » Wed Feb 28, 2001 2:37 pm

Autogirl, I took a right brain left brain mapping test some years ago that I will try and retrieve from my files. If it isn't copyrighted (and if I find it!) I will post it for the group. I tested out fully right brain with a little peak in the left which the evaluator said represented my 5 years in engineering school. My dad decided I would make a great engineer so thats how that happened. Too bad the test wasn't available when I was in high school. OOOOHHHH Wellll!!!!<BR>One of my favorite movie scores is James Horner's opening and main theme for Airforce One. I have never failed to have people impressed with this piece when I play it for them on our home theater system at movie theater volume.<BR>Denny
hhsailor
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Wed Feb 28, 2001 3:55 pm

Yeah, everyone has their favorite Bond, but how about the Bond women? now there is a subject:<P>Claudine Auger (Thunderball)<BR>Sophie Marceau (The World is Not Enough)<BR>Famke Jansen (Goldeneye)<P>and Ursula Andress (Nr. No)<P>....they are women that make you want to go that extra mile when saving the world.<P>Plenty O'Toole: Hi, I'm Plenty, Plenty O'Toole<P>Sean Connery: Named after your father, no doubt.<P>
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby Peter » Wed Feb 28, 2001 6:54 pm

Yeah, the Bond girls.........<P>Britt Ekland, Diana Rigg, (the beautiful) Jane Seymour, Barbara Bach (Ringo`s missus) & of course, that image of Ursula Undress, dripping as she emerges from the sea (sigh).........<P>Nobody Does It Wetter <BR>
Peter
3rd Chair

Postby John » Wed Feb 28, 2001 8:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by audiogirl:<BR><B>...what's your favorite movie soundtrack?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Audiogirl:<P>Although I very much enjoy many soundtrack compositions (many that have been posted here), I rather enjoy Danny Elfman's compositions (i.e., Batman, Bettle Juice, etc.).<P>John<P>
John
4th Chair

Postby Michael » Wed Feb 28, 2001 8:36 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JasonK:<BR><B>Actually, Bond's now ridiculous comment about the Beatles came in Goldfinger, just before Shirley Eaton got the 24k treatment......<P>[This message has been edited by JasonK (edited 02-27-2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think what James Bond said about the Beatles was something like "Drinking Dom Perignon below a temperature of (?) degrees is like listening to the Beatles without earplugs"<P>M<P>
Michael
4th Chair

Postby serge urtizberea » Wed Feb 28, 2001 11:54 pm

I almost entirely forgot about Danny Elfman, the creator of the brilliant Beetlejuice theme, the hauntingly gothic Batman theme, the entire music and lyrics to The Nightmare Before Christmas, and of course, the Simpsons theme. I have heard the Simpsons theme for 12 years, over and over and over, and still cannot get sick of it.
serge urtizberea
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Thu Mar 01, 2001 9:39 am

Anyone a fan of Loggins or Journey's work on Caddyshack .....timeless, simply timeless....Beethoven wished he was that good.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby ~Leslie » Thu Mar 01, 2001 11:16 am

Uh, Jason, Are you deaf, man? Image<P>I think you need a Q-tip or two. <P>~#:0<P>
~Leslie
4th Chair

Postby jackm » Thu Mar 01, 2001 11:24 am

My 2 cents. <P>My favorite movie soundtrack (which has never been released on tape or CD) is "Cannery Row".<P>And there will always be a special place in my heart for Elmer Bernstein's score for "The Magnificent Seven"<P>JackM
jackm
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Thu Mar 01, 2001 11:24 am

Leslie<P>I'm alright<BR>Nobody worry bout me<BR>Why you gotta give me a fight<BR>Can't you just let me be.....<P>duh, duh, duh, duh
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby audiogirl » Thu Mar 01, 2001 11:44 am

DUH! How could we forget about Danny Elfman's Edward Scissorhands? Some nice boys' choir work in there, as well.<P>Speaking of the Simpson's theme, has anybody seen 'BLAST'? It's PBS thing. A very theatrical combination of band instruments and dance. Sort of Riverdance meets the Music Man meets the circus. There's one West Side Medley where they throw in some Simpson music here and there. I haven't seen it come around lately, but watch for it when your stations start their pledge drives.<P>audiogirl
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby Brahmsian » Thu Mar 01, 2001 1:25 pm

Who is this upstart that compares anyone to Beethoven?
Brahmsian
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Thu Mar 01, 2001 1:29 pm

Uhhh, that would be me I guess.....
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby audiogirl » Thu Mar 01, 2001 1:58 pm

Blasphemer!
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Postby JasonK » Thu Mar 01, 2001 2:14 pm

Have you guys EVEN heard Loggins or Journey???? I think if you had, you may not be sooooo quick to condemn.....history will rank Kenny Loggins, Steve Perry, and Ludwig in a triumverate.....<P>"Open Arms", "Separate Ways"....right up there with No. 9....c'mon, admit it...you know you want to.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby treebeau » Thu Mar 01, 2001 2:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by audiogirl:<B><BR>has anybody seen 'BLAST'? It's PBS thing. A very theatrical combination of band instruments and dance. Sort of Riverdance meets the Music Man meets the circus. There's one West Side Medley where they throw in some Simpson music here and there. I haven't seen it come around lately, but watch for it when your stations start their pledge drives.<P>audiogirl</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Howdy Audiogirl,<P>I saw some of it the other night during the pledge drive and got to hear the part where they throw in the Simpsons theme. Very good show ! I like to think of it as "Stomp!" with real instruments.<P>Regards,<BR>Tim B.<BR>
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby ~Leslie » Thu Mar 01, 2001 9:41 pm

Jason, Pls imagine Margie Simpson's voice when you read this, just so you don't think I'm trying to fry you to a crisp . I'm not.<P>Believe me Jason, as an avid follower of the muse, I'm familiar with Kenny Loggins, Yo Momma don't dance, and yo Daddy Don't Rock n Roll, and Forever Yours Faithfully, Journey. <P>And I refuse to tussel with you over comparisons that could only turn into a World Cup Soccer Tournament, or even worse, a 90 car pile up.<P>However when an internet forum is based around a specific musician, composer, or group , maybe even more so with the summa cum logica Ludwig Van Beethoven, more often than not, the underlying protocol is that irrefutable truth :<P>that artist is about as close to God as you can get.(see Shos' religion) And if you say anything otherwise, it is best to don a thick hided pachyderm, and steel and brace yourself for incoming, or be prepared to back your statements up with credible, solid arguements. K? Image<P>
~Leslie
4th Chair

Previous

Return to Musical Notes