A Sign of Cultural Armageddon

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

A Sign of Cultural Armageddon

Postby The Great Mazinga » Mon Mar 26, 2001 2:46 pm

Well, I guess there goes soo much for my theory of the enlightened punk, hunh? (just kidding, some of us benevolent punk fans are out there). I just read an outta line posting trashing the Brahms boys.<P>EJA, trust me, while I like to make people laugh and like to have an occasional sacred cow barbeque, I would not speak like that. <P>It is true that I do not necessarily agree with negativity on the board, or the views of some people, but I would never curse or verbally abuse them for it.<P>So, no, this is not one of my capers. As I like many musical genres and open thought, cursing will not further any cause. I may not take things with as much seriousness as others may like, but I am not about berating them. Such a post is counter to everything that I have been trying to say with my tongue in my cheek.<P>The Great Mazinga, Invincible Guardian of Bulletin Board Freedom does not champion foul language. I think what ever point was trying to be made, was just obliterated by the lack of civility.<P>Mark this well, this may be a sign of cultural armageddon that many of you have predicted and warned about, but I am with the Brahms boys on this post.<P>Thanks for the faith Peter, appreciate it. But I am not this jason guy, I think from reading his farewell post, he is probably heavily engaged in his musical gig at the Holiday Inn playing a Casio keyboard in the Lounge. I hear he does a thrilling rendition of "Staying Alive" with a bossa nova beat.<BR>
Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise!
The Great Mazinga
4th Chair

Re: A Sign of Cultural Armageddon

Postby EJA_2 » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:03 pm

Oh Great One:<BR>Please accept my most humble apologies. <grovel> <BR>Being my usual tactful self I was throwing an obscure little barb about the appearance of one "Darth Mazinga," in a previous thread, who, like beethovenhater (yes, Peter, I quite agree, a <I>charming</I> name) has only one post. I wouldn't think for a minute that you would author such an egregious litany as that produced by beethovenhater, particularly since said litany was frankly unintelligible. I hope that you will accept my humble apologies, Oh Great One. <P>BTW, where is JasonK's farewell post?<P> -- EJA
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby The Great Mazinga » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:13 pm

Not to worry E, no offense taken, just wanted to state for the record that I had no hand in that post.<P>I have been called a poet, a pirate, an ingrate, a distraction, a baffoon and satirical king (ohh, wait, I called myself that), but never swore at anyone. I have been up and down and over and out, but I know one thing. Each time that I fall flat upon my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race. Yep, that's life, that's what I say, many times I thought of quitin the postings babe, but my attitude wouldn't buy it.....hmmm, I think there is a song there.<P>CCC,G,III<BR>In hoc signo vinces
The Great Mazinga
4th Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:14 pm

FYI<P>I erased the beethovenhater posting. I will not let people bash others on the Board. Say what every you want but when you make it personal towards others is when I start to delete posting.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby The Great Mazinga » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:17 pm

Thank you Nicole Marie, as always, you are an oasis of serenity in otherwise chaotic post.
The Great Mazinga
4th Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:19 pm

My pleasure! Image
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:38 pm

Well done, Nicole. <P>Mazinga,<BR>I've been known to cuss when appropriate, but I almost always abstain from putting it in writing, and very rarely do I cuss at people. I think its just good policy to use such language sparingly so that it's effective when it's needed.<P> -- EJA
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby The Great Mazinga » Mon Mar 26, 2001 6:39 pm

I agree, I have never been comfortable using vulgarities to express myself. Resorting to such language clearly conveys a lack of respect for those that which it is aimed and for the speaker themself. I hold myself in higher regard than to dispairage my name with the use of obscenities. We all possess a higher faculty with which to exercise our right to free speech. Some choose not to utilize it.
The Great Mazinga
4th Chair

Postby provistbrahms » Tue Mar 27, 2001 7:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Great Mazinga:<BR><B>Well, I guess there goes soo much for my theory of the enlightened punk, hunh? (just kidding, some of us benevolent punk fans are out there). I just read an outta line posting trashing the Brahms boys.<P>EJA, trust me, while I like to make people laugh and like to have an occasional sacred cow barbeque, I would not speak like that. <P>It is true that I do not necessarily agree with negativity on the board, or the views of some people, but I would never curse or verbally abuse them for it.<P>So, no, this is not one of my capers. As I like many musical genres and open thought, cursing will not further any cause. I may not take things with as much seriousness as others may like, but I am not about berating them. Such a post is counter to everything that I have been trying to say with my tongue in my cheek.<P>The Great Mazinga, Invincible Guardian of Bulletin Board Freedom does not champion foul language. I think what ever point was trying to be made, was just obliterated by the lack of civility.<P>Mark this well, this may be a sign of cultural armageddon that many of you have predicted and warned about, but I am with the Brahms boys on this post.<P>Thanks for the faith Peter, appreciate it. But I am not this jason guy, I think from reading his farewell post, he is probably heavily engaged in his musical gig at the Holiday Inn playing a Casio keyboard in the Lounge. I hear he does a thrilling rendition of "Staying Alive" with a bossa nova beat.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thank you for your support in this post. I know who it is. Where might I find Jason's last post? I would like to know. <BR>
provistbrahms
4th Chair

Return to Musical Notes