Can anyone name this???????????!?!?!?!?!??!

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Can anyone name this???????????!?!?!?!?!??!

Postby gocha » Wed Nov 22, 2000 5:44 pm

Hi, for the first time I tuned to beethoven.com the other day. The second tune I heard was a tune that I've been looking for a log time!!!! and I did not catch the composer. <BR>The piece starts off slow as it gets faster and faster then finally it reaches the peak it's very intense then again it starts to slow dawn again, all I know that it is one of the most famous pieces ever created, it is an orchestra (heavy drums and violins)<BR>I appreciate any efford in helping me <P><BR>Thank you Image
gocha
Section Player

Re: Can anyone name this???????????!?!?!?!?!??!

Postby Sir Stewart » Thu Nov 30, 2000 3:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gocha:<BR><B>Hi, for the first time I tuned to beethoven.com the other day. The second tune I heard was a tune that I've been looking for a log time!!!! and I did not catch the composer. <BR>The piece starts off slow as it gets faster and faster then finally it reaches the peak it's very intense then again it starts to slow dawn again, all I know that it is one of the most famous pieces ever created, it is an orchestra (heavy drums and violins)<BR>I appreciate any efford in helping me <P>Thank you Image</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The next time it plays, note the time and e-mail me (sstewart@beethoven.com), we'll figure it out for you.<P>Sir Stew<P>
Sir Stewart
4th Chair

Postby LVBfurimmer » Sat Dec 16, 2000 1:15 pm

I would think that it would be Beethoven's 9th symphonies 1st movement<BR>Beethoven was critisized for using the drums too much in that peice<BR>and it starts of slow and after a minute it reaches a great climax, but the movement is about 18 minutes<BR>how many minutes was this peice Gocha?
LVBfurimmer
Section Player

Postby serge urtizberea » Sun Dec 17, 2000 7:19 am

Criticized for using too many drums? After almost 30 yrs of observing Beethoven's stylistic innovation, the Viennese still managed to complain about him. Change is one of the hardest things to accept for many people, but still... I've always believed that Vienna, the crux of Western music for two centuries, could have withstood a little more openmindedness.
serge urtizberea
4th Chair

Postby Flowerboy » Sun Dec 17, 2000 10:38 pm

WOW! Hi DAVID! nice to see you on the message board! i almost thought it was Shos' message, so i looked up, and low and behold, it was you, Mr. Beethoven almanac. i should have known it was your message. Though you're right about most of it, the 1st movement doesnt end softly, does it? it ends in FF, it goes |rest Eb D C | G F D G | C!<BR>HA! well wait and see what gocha has to say about it. It might be the 2nd movement tho....or sheherezade mvt 2. (which i just finished conducting).<BR>Brandon G.
Flowerboy
4th Chair

Return to Musical Notes