HELP!!!

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

HELP!!!

Postby falconscry » Mon Nov 27, 2000 5:52 pm

I have a music request that they won't play because I am the only one with this request.<BR>It's a wonderful overature. Image So anyone who reads this should make one request for The overature from Bizet's Pearl Fishers Image<P>YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!! I'll even make it easy...Cut and paste the below onto a request form :-)<P>Overature from Bizet's Pearl Fishers<P><BR>
falconscry
5th Chair

Re: HELP!!!

Postby Sparky » Tue Nov 28, 2000 8:44 am

I'm with you on the Pearl Fishers, but it's not the overture that interests me. It's a duet (I don't know the name of the aria) by two tenors; the definitive recording of that duet is by Bjorling and Merrill, and I believe it can be found on a CD titled Jussi, released by RCA.
Sparky
5th Chair

Postby Sir Stewart » Tue Nov 28, 2000 8:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by falconscry:<BR><B>I have a music request that they won't play because I am the only one with this request.<BR>It's a wonderful overature. Image So anyone who reads this should make one request for The overature from Bizet's Pearl Fishers Image<P>YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED!! I'll even make it easy...Cut and paste the below onto a request form :-)<P>Overature from Bizet's Pearl Fishers<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Just yesterday we played the prelude ti the pearl divers.<P>
Sir Stewart
4th Chair

Postby treebeau » Tue Nov 28, 2000 11:16 am

"Y'all" got me interested, so I did a bit of surfing and came up with this link: <A HREF="http://www.classicalnet.co.uk/reference/works/b/bizet-pearlfishers.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.classicalnet.co.uk/reference/works/b/bizet-pearlfishers.html</A> <P>Regards,<BR>Tim B.<BR>
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby falconscry » Tue Nov 28, 2000 12:55 pm

damn and I missed it. I listen almost all day and I managed to miss it. oh well thanks any way
falconscry
5th Chair

Postby Sparky » Wed Nov 29, 2000 8:44 am

Thanks Treebeau; that's a great site. For anyone else checking it out, if you delete everything in that URL after ...uk/, you'll get a listing of composers. Many of them have sound clips, albeit short ones. Fun to surf through.
Sparky
5th Chair

Return to Musical Notes