My first CDs

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

My first CDs

Postby navneeth » Sun May 07, 2006 1:52 pm

:D I bought a couple of them today (technically, yesterday :P ). One is a set of Beethoven's sonatas (8, 14, 21 and 23) played by Wilhelm Kempff (listening to #8 right now). The other is K 525, "Posthorn" Serenade K 320 and K239 by Neville Marriner and St.Martin in the Fileds (it was either this or the Requiem). The shop where I purchased these had somewhat a limited collection, and good fraction of the CDs were Karajan's. So, not much variety either.
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby DavidS » Sun May 07, 2006 2:09 pm

Enjoy!
Another option is to download stuff from the Internet. Usually at a price, but sometimes you have a chance to get things for free, like the Beethoven symphonies a few months ago from BBC Radio 3.
Oh and check out the following links:
http://www.classiccat.net/index.htm
http://www.classicalarchives.com/
:)
DavidS
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Sun May 07, 2006 2:14 pm

Thanks. I've come across those sites before when searching anything classical. :) Infact, I've been downloading some free mp3 for the past few days. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other radio stations here. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll PM you. :wink:
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby DavidS » Sun May 07, 2006 2:51 pm

Thank you.

Concerning what is "allowed" - there is an old joke about that:
In the UK, you can do whatever you like, provided it is not explicitly prohibited by law.
In Germany, you may do whatever is explicitly permitted by law.
In the USSR, you could not do anything, even if it was explicitly permitted by law.
In France, you may do anything, even if it is explicitly forbidden by law.
:wink:

Anyway, I certainly am interested in links to whatever stations and downloading sites you may know about, and will be glad to send you whatever I have.

Cheers!
DavidS
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Sun May 07, 2006 3:07 pm

I have my first PM error message :x (the same "DEBUG error" that GC has reported in the other thread). Will send the link as soon as this thing is set right, David.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby DavidS » Sun May 07, 2006 3:15 pm

navneeth - ta again for your PM.
What you wrote about France and India - same is pretty much true for Israel and several other necks of the woods I have been to...

Another "oldie":

In the UK they drive on the left.

In the USA they drive on the right.

In Italy they drive in the middle. :lol:
DavidS
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Sun May 07, 2006 3:31 pm

DavidS wrote:navneeth - ta again for your PM.
What you wrote about France and India - same is pretty much true for Israel and several other necks of the woods I have been to...

Another "oldie":

In the UK they drive on the left.

In the USA they drive on the right.

In Italy they drive in the middle. :lol:

:lol:
Speaking of breaking the law and driving, I came across this page [url ="http://www.asirt.org/tt_roadwise.aspx"] http://www.asirt.org/tt_roadwise.aspx[/url]
:lol:
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby DavidS » Mon May 08, 2006 12:41 pm

Thank you so much for the links!
I haven't yet had occasion to follow the music site link, but the site about driving behaviour is fascinating, and I have posted it on another forum in which I participate called "Driving Culture".
You see, many believe that Israelis are the lousiest drivers in the world - but now I see that drivers and road conditions in other countries are even worse. Still, as I pointed out, one should avoid complacency and act in accordance with "ISO 9000" and keep aspiring for improvement.
DavidS
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Mon May 08, 2006 2:06 pm

DavidS wrote:Thank you so much for the links!
I haven't yet had occasion to follow the music site link, but the site about driving behaviour is fascinating, and I have posted it on another forum in which I participate called "Driving Culture".
You see, many believe that Israelis are the lousiest drivers in the world - but now I see that drivers and road conditions in other countries are even worse. Still, as I pointed out, one should avoid complacency and act in accordance with "ISO 9000" and keep aspiring for improvement.

There's a forum for driving culture! :shock: j/k ;) I'm glad the link was useful.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Return to Musical Notes