New to the site

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

New to the site

Postby warren » Sat May 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Hello;
I found this site while trying to find some online music as my regular site (WCRB out of Boston)is changing or upgrading their online streaming. I really like this site except for the ballgame. I heard some great music I haven't heard in years! Although I commend this station for supporting their local sports teams I do not want to listen to a ballgame over the internet.
Earlier I saw an option to pay for commercial free streaming and no longer see it. Is it still there? And if it is do we still get the ballgame or is it replaced with some of this great music?

Thank you.

Warren.
warren
Section Player

Re: New to the site

Postby jamiebk » Sat May 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Welcome Warren! The commercial free stream does not broadcast the ball games (or at least its not supposed to. To sign up, click on the "Members Login" button on the "Listen" tab. There is a place there to sign up: https://www.beethoven.com/member/login.php. Look for the bar over on the left that says "subscribe" click on it and follow the steps. You'll be happy you did. The sound is great
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:57 am

Hi Warren,

Welcome!

YES!!! By all means... if you like B.com SUBSCRIBE!!!
Ball Games are not heard by the subscribers.... We have continuous music!
I think you will enjoy it very much!!

Regards,

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Hello Warren-

Thanks for listening. The sports games are a huge money maker for us and in these tough times we need to make all the money we can. (We all just took pay cuts here.) We understand the sports may not be what you want to listen to so we keep the commercial free, subscription service - game free. At the moment we are upgrading the security on the subscription service so we are not taking credit cards as payment. But what you can do is visit the subscription service, fill out the information for a membership and when you get to the payment options click to pay by check. You can can then print the form and mail it to us with your check. That way we can process your account in house and bypass the credit card option. (Most people have actually signed up for memberships by check and not credit card. I think most people are starting not to trust the internet with $$$ anymore... can't blame folks.) So you can sign up by check and it is easy and simple. If you have questions please let me know or send an email to the help desk - helpme@beethoven.com

Here is the link to the sign up page: https://www.beethoven.com/member/register_new.php
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Return to Musical Notes