The PW Camp

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

The PW Camp

Postby bignaf » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:09 pm

this is the thread for anything you want to bring to the attention of the posters on this board but doesn't have a thread and doesn't deserve a thread. you can post news, exclamations, irrelevant revelations etc. in fact, feel free to post whatever you want, it is not MY thread. :D

Disclaimer: the function of this thread is subject to change according to the whims of the local deity.

<small>[ 04-21-2006, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: bignaf ]</small>
Last edited by bignaf on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
bignaf
1st Chair

Re: This is the Thread

Postby BenMurphy6 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:18 pm

i like pie.
BenMurphy6
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:46 pm

my shoulder hurts and Steve Reich is great.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby BenMurphy6 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:53 pm

hooray for socks!
BenMurphy6
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:29 am

Ben (Gustav),<BR>how is Alma? still running around with other guys?
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby priya978 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:04 am

My shoulder is numb from a shot. I'm writing a cello concerto with a BEAUTIFUL, SUBLIME melody. And I had cookies a while ago, that tasted bad so I'm still hungry.
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eugene a.:<BR>. And I had cookies a while ago, that tasted bad so I'm still hungry.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>things that taste bad don't make you full? tell us about the concerto. :D
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby priya978 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:01 am

Les Preludes is playing on my OPERA station. (Go figure.)<BR>Much of classical music is based on the preference, knowledge, etc. of the individual.<BR>There's nothing on TV right now, as usual. <BR>Finally, I'm still hungry, and I'm going to go look in the kitchen to see if I can find something that's at least edible.<P>Things that taste bad, usually make me fuller than things that do taste good, but then again I can't eat a big proportion of something that tastes bad. I'm confusing myself, by describing myself. :)<p>[ 01-12-2003: Message edited by: eugene a. ]
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby SymphonyMan » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:20 pm

I'm having a current obsession with Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings (op. 48 I believe?). Funny that the second movement gets encored and played a lot here on B. Radio, while I find the other 3 movements a little more enjoyable to listen to. Anyone else really like (or dislike for that matter) this piece?
"If we do not make the audience weep, we have failed as musicians." - Otto Werner-Mueller
SymphonyMan
5th Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:56 pm

Eugene,<BR>I'd like to know what style it is, form, whatever. <BR>Eric, I kinda like the serenade but I don't remember it having an impact on my life. :)<BR>I'm going back to school tomorrow. we'll see what happens.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby priya978 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:39 pm

It's a classical piece, written in Romantic sytle, that evolves into an early-modern sound. It's in Bb major. The cello solo is in treble, has a range of Bb above middle C to F below middle C, but only on the solo. i don't know about the rest. It's all in my mind. I form it in my mind. Write it down as a rough draft then and there. take it up later then write it down EXACTLY as it sounded in my head. Then just keep on add, subtracting over, and over, and over again until I'm satisfied. I don't know what else to tell you.<BR>I want ice cream but I'm broke. Should i spend my money that I was saving for a Rachmaninov or Lizst piece, on ice cream, then take the chance of not having enough money for the music or not?
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:11 pm

E,<BR>here, I'll send some in wire transfer. lol<BR>that's what I wanted to hear about your piece.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby priya978 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:35 am

Okay I'll just wait for it. :D <BR>And also the piece starts at Molto assai Moderato e Assai Expessivo, then chages (like ritard, Tempo 1, rall., A Temp, etc.) then finally gets slow enough to Poco Adagio, then in this Tempo it still slows down, then ends in a very quiet Largo. For the solo still though, only. :D
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eugene a.:<BR><STRONG><BR>And also the piece starts at Molto assai Moderato e Assai Expessivo, :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>what the #### is "very much moderate"? ;)
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby priya978 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:50 pm

I just like to exaggerate, and since I don't know the language fluently I just have to made do with what I know. :D
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby priya978 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:53 pm

Ohhh!!!<BR>And I got ice cream!!!! Woo-hoo!!!<BR>My grandma paid for it. And I spent .25 on a brownie. Woo-hoo ice cream. I get ice cream!! :D
priya978
3rd Chair

Postby bignaf » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:06 pm

what do musicians have with ice cream. I'm CRAZY about ice-cream. <BR>about the molto assai moderato. it'd cool all cool. :cool:
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:22 pm

can anybody tell me which music processor is the best. I currently have "Mozart". but I'm looking to buy one of the established brands since they're better. does anyone know if "Finale" or "Sibelius" is preferable?
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:28 pm

SANDERLING BARRED FROM FOOTBALL GAME <P> <BR>Security guards didn't like the sound of Stefan Sanderling's accent <BR> <P><BR>The incoming music director of the Florida Orchestra, German conductor Stefan Sanderling, was barred from the Outback Bowl in Tampa on New Year's Day, because he was considered a security risk.<P><BR>Apparently, Sanderling and his French wife had been invited to the game as guests of one of the orchestra's board of directors. While entering Raymond James Stadium, they were stopped by security guards, whose suspcions were aroused by Sanderling's wife's large purse and by their accents which indicated they were "foreigners."<P><BR>"The bad part, where it went horribly wrong, is that the [security supervisor] said because you're a foreigner I can't risk letting you in with the bag," Barbara Casey, director of communications for the local sports authority, told Florida's St. Petersburg Times. <P>Casey sent a letter of apology to Sanderling, who said he had only gone to the game as an initiation into American life. Welcome to the U.S., Stefan!<P> <BR>hmph... American chauvinism.
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bignaf:<BR><STRONG>what do musicians have with ice cream. I'm CRAZY about ice-cream. <BR>about the molto assai moderato. it'd cool all cool. :D :p
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Next

Return to Musical Notes