HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS!!!!

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS!!!!

Postby JasonK » Mon Jan 08, 2001 9:22 am

Haaaa, you fell for it, just wanted to see how I could terrify you all!!!!<P>There truly is no bastian of taste anymore...<P>But being the Incubus, I actually do like him<P><BR>
JasonK
4th Chair

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVIS!!!!

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 08, 2001 6:59 pm

Happy 66th to The King, the pop star in whose reflected light all others bathe.
Peter
3rd Chair

Postby Scotty » Mon Jan 08, 2001 8:18 pm

Hail to The King Baby!
Scotty
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Tue Jan 09, 2001 9:29 am

As Smokey Robinson says Peter, I second that emotion.<P><BR>Yes, Hail to the King, and his heir Sir Paul. Rumor around the classical campfire has it, the hook for "Burnin Love" was actually found in Beethoven's private letters....true??? Discuss amongst yourselves.<P>Peanut Butter and Bannana sandwiches for everybody....<P>- King of Cheap Ploys and Conductor of All-kazoo symphony<BR><p>[This message has been edited by JasonK (edited 01-09-2001).]
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Jan 12, 2001 8:41 am

I was speaking with someone whose music knowledge and taste I hold in high regard...and he informed me that there may be a production of Elvis standards in orchestral arrangements planned....Brightman and Bocelli are to accompany with vocals...can you believe it??? Can Anyone Confirm? If so, then all my prayers have been answered....what a combination! Thank you God.<P>Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves<BR>
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby Sir Stewart » Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JasonK:<BR><B>I was speaking with someone whose music knowledge and taste I hold in high regard...and he informed me that there may be a production of Elvis standards in orchestral arrangements planned....Brightman and Bocelli are to accompany with vocals...can you believe it??? Can Anyone Confirm? If so, then all my prayers have been answered....what a combination! Thank you God.<P>Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I can't wait to hear Brittany Spears and the Back Side Boys doing their renditions of 'Jail House Rock' and 'Heartbreak Hotel'.<P>I'm sure the videos will be spectacular!<P>Tongue planted firmly in cheek,<BR>Sir Stew<P>
Sir Stewart
4th Chair

Postby JasonK » Fri Jan 12, 2001 10:32 am

Have you pre-ordered your copy Sir Stew.....I think you had better...its going Platinum, baby, Platinum?<P>Wait for the PBS special, I hear it will be done in the main room at Ceasar's.
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby ~Leslie » Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:20 pm

Jason, That you are one of the finest cities in the U.S. for enjoying the best of contemporary live blues and jazz, and alighting into our Beethovenian forum like a whirling dervish playing a kazoo.............<BR>surely you can offer us more fodder to feast upon than the orchestral rehashing of a cultural icon of a Vegas type showman,with a pretty good singing voice, whose suggestive body movements and pretty white boy's version of the black mans muse, catapulted him into diety status? ~<p>[This message has been edited by ~Leslie (edited 01-12-2001).]
~Leslie
4th Chair

Return to Musical Notes