the audience

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

the audience

Postby Sparky » Mon Jan 08, 2001 2:57 pm

I notice, on the Coral Gables studio cam, there is a booklet called "Classical Music for Dummies". My question is, is this for the education of the station staff, or is this some kind of primer on how to deal with your listeners? Either way, it's kinda scary.
Sparky
5th Chair

Re: the audience

Postby Scotty » Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:06 pm

That is funny.....I had noticed the same thing and wanted to lend comment.....lol<BR> Image
Scotty
5th Chair

Postby JasonK » Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:12 pm

I think the "Dummies" visual is hilarious and falls under the catagory,<P>"If the fuge fits..."<P>As for me, I would hate to limit my potential and call myself a dummy of just one genre.....<P><BR>Jason<BR>Conductor of the all-kazoo symphony<P>
JasonK
4th Chair

Postby sherouse » Mon Jan 08, 2001 3:14 pm

Maybe it's a hint for us listeners..lol!!!<P>- Sherouse <BR>Founder & President, Nicole Marie Fan Club<BR>Van, Beethoven USA<P><BR>
sherouse
5th Chair

Postby Sir Stewart » Thu Jan 11, 2001 7:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparky:<BR><B>I notice, on the Coral Gables studio cam, there is a booklet called "Classical Music for Dummies". My question is, is this for the education of the station staff, or is this some kind of primer on how to deal with your listeners? Either way, it's kinda scary.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Someone in the Fla office put a copy of the book on camera. I then put a copy of it on the Hartford cam. Within the first day, I had tons of emails asking about the book,<BR>which is quite good by the way. There are many of us out there who love classical music but don't have a long, in-depth history of the genre.<P>The book is available on Beethoven.com's CD Amigo page. I recommend it for anyone who wants to get an inexpensive primer on classical music, it's a great place to start.<P>Sir Stew<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Sir Stewart (edited 01-11-2001).]
Sir Stewart
4th Chair

Return to Musical Notes