Want to make a difference? Spirit of America

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Want to make a difference? Spirit of America

Postby haggis » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:01 am

I urge everyone here to contribute what you can to “ Spirit of America .” This is a unique American grass-root, web-based 100% charitable initiative sending all types of aid to Afghanistan and Iraq in the name of American people.

Whether or not you supported the war in Afghanistan or Iraq is moot, this is an opportunity to show the people of those countries that America has a face and a heart and a hand that will help those who want to help themselves.

We forget that small things really do make a large positive difference in peoples lives.

Witnessing the joy of a school child receiving a simple gift like a pad of paper and a pencil is an incredibly humbling experience. I experienced it firsthand in Somalia and by donating to SOA I’m experiencing it again in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Jeff Jarvis describes the effort in much more elegant tones that I can, so please read his request as well as peruse the SOA website, you'll be glad you did.

Thank you
Haggis

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing
haggis
2nd Chair

Location: warm, humid, and wonderfully sticky Dallas, Texas!!

Return to The Debate Team