Will Europe Survive?

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Will Europe Survive?

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:53 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/fina ... ecast.html

Germany's 2013 growth prospects have been cut in half by the International Monetary Fund, as it warned that the outlook for Europe's strongest economy could worsen if a eurozone recovery fails to materialise.

How precise. From 0.6% to 0.3%. I'm sure it'll happen just that way.

The WSJ reports:

BRUSSELS—The International Monetary Fund has admitted to major missteps over the past three years in its handling of the bailout of Greece, the first spark in a debt crisis that spread across Europe.

In an internal document marked “strictly confidential,” the IMF said it badly underestimated the damage that its prescriptions of austerity would do to Greece’s economy, which has been mired in recession for the last six years.

The IMF conceded that it bent its own rules to make Greece’s burgeoning debt seem sustainable and that, in retrospect, the country failed on three of its four criteria to qualify for aid. …

The IMF report said that it had been too optimistic in 2010 about the Greek government’s prospects for a return to market financing and its political ability to implement the conditions of its rescue program.

Something that can't go on forever, won't
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:26 am

Exodus: Migration of Jews Out of France Begins. http://pjmedia.com/blog/exodus-migratio ... ce-begins/

“They wonder whether classic anti-Semitism is not back with a vengeance all over Europe, after several decades of post-Holocaust toleration. The fact that campaigns to make kosher slaughter and even circumcision illegal are gaining ground in several countries, and were even endorsed at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, is seen as particularly ominous.”

Eurabia's closer everyday. I just spent 5 weeks in England and the number of former churches being converted into mosques, especially in the inner cities is...growing. Sadly because Islam forbids images of man many beautiful murals are simply painted over
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:37 am

As I noted when I returned from the UK a couple of years ago, many of those churches were sitting empty and were put up for sale, converted to auditoriums or museums, or simply left to decay. Europe, which was the home of Christianity for centuries, has been abandoning it for decades, and Islam seems to be fillng the vacuum left behind.

No great civilization has yet been built by men with no faith in God. There is no evidence of such a civilization to be found on Earth. I believe it was Sigmund Freud who said: "Whether God created man or man created God, God was necessary for civilization to flourish". We seem to have lost sight of that.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Previous

Return to The Debate Team