Hail Caesar

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Hail Caesar

Postby deathstalker82 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:44 pm

I don't think Yoda would accept him. He is too old, we all no what happened to Anakin and he was only 9. He may have crossed the Atlantic and the African continent, but he never destroyed the senate. One day it will all work out as I have foreseen, my apprentice. Muhwawawawawa!!!!!!
"Do or do not, there is no try"- Master Yoda
"The force flows through us, binds us, makes us strong"- Master Yoda
"You can try to move the mountain or you can just go around it, either way you have to deal with it"
deathstalker82
5th Chair

Postby shostakovich » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:22 pm

Just thought I'd return (not to say hijack) this thread back to our fearless leader. I saw part of his speech today. I've got to hand it to his speechwriters. They do a remarkable job in phonetics.
You Know Who
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:52 pm

I just watch newsclips and cringe. He appears so constrained in his performance (all that coaching, you know) it's freakish! The acting coaches have finally gotten him trained on performing the "pounding fist motion" for emphasis. When he walked the parade, pointed and waved to the crowd, I wonder if he pointed to someone he really knew or just pointed to some mental illusion (sort of like "I see dead people"). Laura looks weird when she walks without swinging her arms back and forth. $22 million dollars in Security....WOW, they could have brought back a few soldiers from Iraq who would have done it for free (hmm?). Life under the microscope...poor guy...no wonder they age so fast

<small>[ 01-21-2005, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Serenity ]</small>
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:25 am

Yeah. Hey Haggis, didn't you say they were estimating $3 million for security? Oh wait, I'm sure private donors kicked in to cover the SS & local cops' pay so as to not be a burden on the taxpayers.

$40 million for the party
$22 million for security

$66 million total

Wow, think of all the armor that could buy!
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby GreatCarouser » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:47 am

I missed the Bush Bash (by choice). How was it?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby RC » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:24 am

Hi GC. Likewise, I did not watch the festivities. I'm still up to my eyeballs with work.

I shall visit again to see what people have to say. I believe this is the first inauguration I've missed since I've been alive.
A man is the sum of his actions, of what he has done, of what he can do, Nothing else.
Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi
RC
2nd Chair

Postby Marye » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:12 am

Jon Stewart was hilarious....

Bush's speech used Freedom 27 times and Liberty 15. (not a direct quote, but close) No surprise, say Stewart, that Freedom won out, Liberty has been playing hurt since the Patriot Act.... lol
Marye
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:06 pm

I thought Bush did a better job than usual with his speech. He's certainly better than he was 4 years ago. He's not a great speechifier for sure. Its not really a requirement for the job. Adequate will do.

I'm afraid of the stuff the religious groups said they read between the lines. I think every baby has the right to be born to a mother that loves and wants it.

I'm surprised any of them can walk at all, with that much attention on them. I'd surely walk stiffly and awkwardly, adn stumble a lot!

the city of DC was hit with a $17 million bill for security, and told to take it out of their homeland defense fund. I think DC should ask every city and town in the US to send $10 to the DC Inaugural Security fund,so they can pay this bill. Of course the cost of cutting the checks, and then banking the checks would be considerable./ Would it be more or less than the losses to larceny if everyone sent a $10 bill instead? By the time those evelopes were going thru major postal sorting centers, temptation would be great to skim a few off the top.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Previous

Return to The Debate Team