Moderator: Nicole Marie
Unless some other underlying cause is responsible for the unlikely correspondence between solar flares and the earth's temperature, the research suggests that for the large part variations in global temperatures are beyond our control and are instead at the mercy of the sun's activity.
Nicole Marie wrote:I am a BIG follower of the Farmers Almanac... it's never failed me!
Check out your area. In the NorthEast we will have a mild winter and spring comes early. The summer (for us in New England) will have below normal rain. Water your plants!
Winter temperatures will be slightly below normal, on average, with near-normal snowfall. Rainfall will be above normal, especially in the southwest. The coldest temperatures will be around Christmas and in early, mid-, and late January and early February. The most widespread snowfalls will be in early December, mid- and late January, and late February.
The first half of April will be rather cold, but mid-April through May will be much warmer than normal, with some of the yearÕs hottest temperatures in mid-May. Precipitation in April and May will be near or slightly below normal.
Summer temperatures will be near normal, on average. Rainfall will be a bit below normal in the east, a bit above in the west. The hottest periods will be in late July and mid-August.
September and October will be cool, with near- or slightly below-normal precipitation. Expect the first widespread snowfall in mid- to late October.
In promoting biodiesel – as the European Union, the British and US governments and thousands of environmental campaigners do – you might imagine that you are creating a market for old chip fat, or rapeseed oil, or oil from algae grown in desert ponds. In reality you are creating a market for the most destructive crop on earth.
Shapley wrote:It would help alleviate the overcrowding that Shos is so concerned with. I think we're probably looking at 10, maybe 20 million deaths, depending on the breeze. Acceptable Civilian casualties. A small price to pay for preserving the purity of our precious bodily fluids...
“80 percent chance of an above-normal hurricane season, a 15 percent chance of a near-normal season, and only a 5 percent chance of a below-normal season…
…a very active 2006 season, with 13-16 named storms, 8-10 hurricanes, and 4-6 major hurricanes.”
“an expected continuation of conditions associated with the multi-decadal signal, which has favored above-normal Atlantic hurricane seasons since 1995. These conditions include considerably warmer that normal sea surface temperatures, lower wind shear, reduced sea level pressure, and a more conducive structure of the African easterly jet [stream].”
the agency stated in the section of the report entitled, “Uncertainties in the Outlook.”“The main uncertainty in this outlook is not whether the season will be above normal, but how much above normal it will be,”
New measurement for greenhouse gases
Scientists usually tie their estimates of the greenhouse gas emissions responsible for global warming to sources such as land use changes, agriculture (including livestock) and transportation. The authors of Livestock’s long shadow took a different approach, aggregating emissions throughout the livestock commodity chain - from feed production (which includes chemical fertilizer production, deforestation for pasture and feed crops, and pasture degradation), through animal production (including enteric fermentation and nitrous oxide emissions from manure) to the carbon dioxide emitted during processing and transportation of animal products.
There are some 45,000 items in the average American supermarket, and more than a quarter of them contain corn
What is the problem with reducing emissions, since we know that regardless of warming, they cause alla kinda other problems?
I think its amusing that some folks are "dont change the business environment, that will cost money!" and are the same who are "dont do research on these materials, be smart and find away around the ban!" about aspects of science. Are the business people not as smart as the scientists then, to your way of thinking?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users