Illegal Immigration

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Illegal Immigration

Postby Haggis@wk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:24 pm

jamiebk wrote:We have 20,000,000 of these people in the US and we're worried about this one? A waste of time.

We have 20,000 assaults in the U.S. every year, should we quit investigating them as well??
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Haggis@wk wrote:
jamiebk wrote:We have 20,000,000 of these people in the US and we're worried about this one? A waste of time.

We have 20,000 assaults in the U.S. every year, should we quit investigating them as well??

Not my point. I suggest that something be done about the OTHER 20,000,000 illegals as well. Seems like an awful lot of attention paid to just one. :wink:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 pm

jamiebk wrote:
Haggis@wk wrote:

Not my point. I suggest that something be done about the OTHER 20,000,000 illegals as well. Seems like an awful lot of attention paid to just one. :wink:

you can only work 'em one at a time.
20?? I thought the popular census was 12.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:14 pm

Haggis@wk wrote:you can only work 'em one at a time.

Remember Haggis, I live in California. If I overstate the number its just because it feels that way here.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Remember Haggis, I live in California. If I overstate the number its just because it feels that way here.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 am

I predict that amnesty’s dead for at least another year.

This Sunday's illegal-alien march in Washington will make it even harder to move amnesty — there's going to be a lot of anger. Hopefully, there will be lots of Che Guevara posters and "This Is Our Land" demands, along with the American flags that organizers no doubt bought in bulk at Costco to hand out. And Harold Meyerson's column in the Post offers delicious hints of even better political theater to come:

And if the president doesn't agree [to push amnesty legislation]? "We will go into the field," says [Rep. Luis] Gutierrez, "like the civil rights movement and the suffragists did." "We will escalate," says Gustavo Torres of Casa de Maryland, "to civil disobedience."

Civil disobedience! By illegal aliens demanding amnesty! I can't wait.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 am

Haggis@wk wrote:I predict that amnesty’s dead for at least another year.

This Sunday's illegal-alien march in Washington will make it even harder to move amnesty — there's going to be a lot of anger. Hopefully, there will be lots of Che Guevara posters and "This Is Our Land" demands, along with the American flags that organizers no doubt bought in bulk at Costco to hand out. And Harold Meyerson's column in the Post offers delicious hints of even better political theater to come:

And if the president doesn't agree [to push amnesty legislation]? "We will go into the field," says [Rep. Luis] Gutierrez, "like the civil rights movement and the suffragists did." "We will escalate," says Gustavo Torres of Casa de Maryland, "to civil disobedience."

Civil disobedience! By illegal aliens demanding amnesty! I can't wait.

Yeah...these illegals staged a massive march in SF a year or two ago. I was really incensed at the entitlement attitude that prevailed.

Tell you what....how about a bunch of American citizen sneak into China...suck off of their social services for years and stage a rally for equal rights and citizenship. Can you say Jail? Can you say deportation? How about getting shot? Sheesh
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Tell you what....how about a bunch of American citizen sneak into China...suck off of their social services for years and stage a rally for equal rights and citizenship. Can you say Jail? Can you say deportation? How about getting shot? Sheesh

You wouldn't get much better treatment in Mexico either, would you?
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Arizona Law Seeks To Make It Illegal To Be Here Illegally.

I believe this law was put to the legislature largely at the behest of Sheriff Joe Arpayo, who has complained about lax enforcement of immigration laws by the federal government. This law will allow the State to prosecute them even when the federal government is reluctant to do so.

Way to go, Arizona!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Shapley wrote:...put to the legislature largely at the behest of Sheriff Joe Arpayo...

who may have threatened to dye the legislature's underwear pink, like the inmates'. (Apparently, there was a laundry theft problem that pink underwear solved.)

Old Joe is quite the character. I understand he's also limited the jail's TV service to news and educational channels. Meanwhile, gun carry laws in Arizona keep getting better. Is there a piece of Arizona with nice weather? Would I make a believable Zonie?
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Didn't I read somewhere that to watch TV the inmates have to ride bicycles to generate the power to watch? Sounds like a good diet scheme, ol' Joe shouda patented the idea!!
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:52 am

Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 am

I work with several people who work and live on the border. Americans are dying at the hand of drug traffickers. Home invasions are a real problem. My cousin’s in-laws live in southern New Mexico and he tells me their house resemble a fort and they never leave the house empty because it will be taken over. Some horrible things are happening but because they don't meet the MSM mindset we don’t hear about them. 1/3 of all the prisoners in the state of Texas are illegals.

Texas is looking hard at the new law and is considering a similar one when the legislation comes back to office this Fall.Texas state congress only sits every other year, something our national congress should emulate.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Instead of sending the National Guard, send all those people who want compensation for slavery. Let them see how eager others are to get into the country where, thanks to their ancestors' slavery, they have right of citizenship.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:24 am

Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Ariz. Law

If we'd only known it'd be that simple!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 am

Haggis@wk wrote:Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Ariz. Law

If we'd only known it'd be that simple!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CA needs this law badly. But don't get too happy too soon Haggis....they are headed your way:

Standing near potted trees and bushes for sale at a Home Depot in east Phoenix, Diaz, 35, says he may follow three families in his neighborhood who moved to New Mexico because of the law. He says a friend is finding plenty of work in Dallas
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:16 am

I saw that. A similar law is going to be proposed in January when the state house and senate convene. I suspect it will pass easily and will be popular. You've mentioned tht you see the illegal problems in CA and I can tell you Texas is no better off.

This is from Kris Kobach, who helped draft the law. on the issue:

Arizona epitomizes what every Republican — indeed, every American — should embrace: attrition through enforcement. For years, the open-borders crowd has claimed that the only two responses to illegal immigration are amnesty or mass roundups. That is nonsense. Attrition through enforcement presents an effective third option that respects the rule of law. By stepping up the enforcement of immigration laws through state-level action, Arizona has induced thousands of illegal aliens to self-deport. Need proof? In early 2008, after Arizona’s E-Verify law went into effect, the neighboring Mexican state of Sonora sent a delegation to the Arizona legislature to protest that Arizona was causing too many Mexican nationals to return to Mexico too quickly, overwhelming the housing stock and public infrastructure of Sonora.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 pm

I see some Baseball players are all unhappy about the Arizona thing - want to relocate the Cactus league. On wonders to where they will relocate - Massachusetts? Detroit?

Hey, I like Detroit! They could use the excitement and the baseball folks could get rooms real cheap!
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 am

They were talking about this on sports talk radio this morning.

"Rep. José Serrano’s (D-N.Y.) call to move next year’s Major League Baseball All-Star Game to protest Arizona’s new immigration law was met Thursday with criticism from the Arizona Republican who has been the leading House GOP advocate for comprehensive immigration reform."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arizona has been the known location for next years all star game for 5 years.
Why is this representative trying to manipulate Major League Baseball and bring them into a political issue?
IMHO... the 2 have nothing to do with each other. I am not taking sides.

Why doesn't Rep. Serrano go to Arizona and lobby to boycott events/people from going to
let's see.. Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Coyotes, Arizona Diamond Backs, Arizona NCAA College Basketball games....
Grand Canyon National Park....
There is alot of things to do... sites to visit in Arizona.

Hey... Let's try to manipulate groups not to go and do business in other states because we don't agree with their politics.
I realize this is America and we can basically say anything we want but
IMHO...this guy needs to get his head out of his A$$

end of rant....
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to The Debate Team