Military Motivators

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Military Motivators

Postby Haggis@wk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:44 pm

USMC Rules for Gunfighting

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Your life is expensive.

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

9.5 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).

19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.

23. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a ".4"

Navy Rules to Gunfighting

1. Go to Sea

2. Send the Marines

3. Drink Coffee

Heh. Nmber 11 is the most important rule
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:52 pm

I like number 10!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Haggis@wk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Shapley wrote:I like number 10!

That's why I always carried a big knife
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby dai bread » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Nah. Rule 9.5 is the one. Lee-Enfield rifle; Kalasnikov; both work every time and both were around for decades. The Kalashnikov still is.

Mind you, #23 is very important too. It's just that you can't always implement it.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Actually, to a Marine, a 'gun' is those big things the Navy has mounted on a turntable on their ships, or a second meaning that we won't discuss in this public forum. A 'firearm' is what a Marine brings to a 'gunfight'.

Naval guns can be fired while drinking coffee.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby BigJon » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:36 am

I was taught that if you start a fight with a handgun, you should be fighting your way towards your long gun. :)
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 am

I'm currently conforming to Naval Rule #3. Heh.

My DownStrand visitors hold that a handgun is only good for getting a long gun and it sucks to be a hostage. However, not being Marines, they also obey Naval Combat Rule #3.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:51 am

BigJon wrote:I was taught that if you start a fight with a handgun, you should be fighting your way towards your long gun. :)

I always considered the standard military sidearm to be the "weapon of last resort" ala Sgt. Major Brad Kasal.

On November 13, 2004, (then) 1st Sgt. Brad Kasal led his 3/1 Marines into a Fallujah firefight. Before it was over, he would receive 47 wounds and lose sixty percent of his blood supply. 40 of those wounds were from shrapnel - he shielded a wounded Marine, LCpl Nicoll from a grenade with his own body - and the other 7 were from enemy bullets. And he walked out of the fight, pistol in hand.

...and a pistol is better than a rock.

Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:34 pm

How does Sears treat its employees who are serving in our military?

By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being in active duty.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all employees who are serving.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once.

Be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

My old employer, Texas Instruments, does the same.
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Previous

Return to The Debate Team