Everything must go! California holds giant yard sale.

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Everything must go! California holds giant yard sale.

Postby Shapley » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

Prison Uniforms, Cars, and a surfboard. California cleans out the attic.

Gov. Schwarzenegger has made a wise decision. I suggested that the U.S. do the same thing a long time ago, although it's not an original idea on my part. I believe I saw it suggested back when I was in grade school. There are lots of things the government has that it could easily do without: old military bases, Amtrak, Washington D.C., Joe Biden, etc. Now might be a good time to get rid of them and maybe pick up a little cash while they're at it. People are looking for bargains and the government is strapped for cash. I believe they sold Conrail back during the reign of Ronaldus Maximus, so there is a precedent for such things. It's time to empty the attic, clean out the basement, and get rid of all that excess baggage that have accumulated over the past two centuries.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Re: Everything must go! California holds giant yard sale.

Postby jamiebk » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Shapley wrote:Prison Uniforms, Cars, and a surfboard. California cleans out the attic.

Gov. Schwarzenegger has made a wise decision. I suggested that the U.S. do the same thing a long time ago, although it's not an original idea on my part. I believe I saw it suggested back when I was in grade school. There are lots of things the government has that it could easily do without: old military bases, Amtrak, Washington D.C., Joe Biden, etc. Now might be a good time to get rid of them and maybe pick up a little cash while they're at it. People are looking for bargains and the government is strapped for cash. I believe they sold Conrail back during the reign of Ronaldus Maximus, so there is a precedent for such things. It's time to empty the attic, clean out the basement, and get rid of all that excess baggage that have accumulated over the past two centuries.

Agree, but this is a poor time to get a good return for such items...most people/firms aren't spending a lot of money right now. Prices, particularly real estate are way off.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Return to The Debate Team