Email Trouble?

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Email Trouble?

Postby lliam » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:38 pm

I cannot access my email. When I log on it just keeps returning to the log on page. Any ideas people? Thanks in advance, Lliam. :( :confused:
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Re: Email Trouble?

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:41 pm

Send an email to helpme@beethoven.com so they can look into your account. We can't help you on the BBB, you need to contact the tech staff so they can look at the specifics of your account.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:00 pm

Um, YRH????? Most respectfully..... if 'e cant log into his email, 'e cant send the staff an email............

lliam, is there a "contact us" button anywhere on the b.com pages?
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:19 pm

To sign up for a Beethoven.com account you need to already have an email address. So everyone that has a Beethoven account has a second account somewhere. Llaim can also fill out the Tech Help form from the Help section. Here's the link:
http://www.beethoven.com/helpform.asp
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:56 pm

Yeah, that TechHelp form, thats the thing I was thinking of! Thanks!
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby lliam » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:09 am

Thank's Guys. ;)
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:01 pm

Lliam, I was just informed that you did not include a reply email address to the tech staff. You sent in your question but only gave us your Beethoven.com account. We can not reply to that email address because that is the one you can not log into. Please resend your question, with an email address that we can send a reply to, not the address you can't log into. We also will not post the info on the BBB since it contains personal info.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby lliam » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:47 pm

It's ok Nicole, after a few phone calls I've sorted it out. My privacy settings were too high in, internet options. I've since lowered the slide down to, Low, now everthing is back to normal. I've sent the tech guys an email.
Cheer's,
Lliam ;)
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Wed May 04, 2005 11:20 am

Is anyone else having the same issues I am with my beethoven email account?

First, virtually EVERY message I get is labeled "spam" in the subject line. This makes it quite difficult to determine whether or not it really is spam. I know there were issues with the spam filter, but what it's doing now is less than useful.

Second, I'm having a lot of trouble sending email messages. I'm using MS Outlook 2000, and maybe once a week it will actually send emails from my outbox. The rest of the time, I get a message that the server disconnected unexpectedly. The only difference seems to be a different connect time, because I haven't rebooted or restarted Outlook. I also cannot send messages through mail2web.

Does the IT staff know about this?
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed May 04, 2005 12:13 pm

Barfle,
I have the same issue with each email saying spam when they are'nt.
I'm not having any issues sending emails.
TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby CLarsen » Wed May 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Hi Barfle,
I agree that the spam filter "sucks" and it does mark quite a few things as spam. Unfortunately there isn't much that I can do to it because of restrictions built into the software that we use. I'm working on a networking programming project right now and after that I hope to have some time to dig into a new spam solution that works better and is much more customizable.

As for sending messages, make sure that you can configure your email program to authenticate to the outgoing email server. I believe Outlook 2000 can do this but I'm not certain about the web mail you are using. Check around in your settings and you should see something like that. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Chris Larsen
IT Manager
Beethoven Radio :scooter:
CLarsen
Conductor

Postby barfle » Wed May 04, 2005 2:58 pm

Originally posted by CLarsen:
Hi Barfle,
I agree that the spam filter "sucks" and it does mark quite a few things as spam. Unfortunately there isn't much that I can do to it because of restrictions built into the software that we use. I'm working on a networking programming project right now and after that I hope to have some time to dig into a new spam solution that works better and is much more customizable.
Well, I didn't say "sucks," but I'll agree that it's ineffective. Somehow I'm not all that surprised that your plate is full.

Originally posted by CLarsen:
As for sending messages, make sure that you can configure your email program to authenticate to the outgoing email server. I believe Outlook 2000 can do this but I'm not certain about the web mail you are using. Check around in your settings and you should see something like that. Thanks!
What's so funny about this situation is that I don't change anything. I've checked for authentication, and it's checked, every time. I took a wild guess that you were limiting access to make it harder to spam through your email (I have a friend whose email server blocks everything from beethoven.com because of spam), but what do I know?

I use mail2web from work because the named port beethoven's email server is on is restricted. So it's tough for me to send email either from home or from work. And if I can't send emails, I can't sell on eBay!

<small>[ 05-04-2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: barfle ]</small>
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Return to Helping Hand