iTunes and Beethoven.com

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

iTunes and Beethoven.com

Postby navneeth » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:01 am

I know that we can listen to B.com with either Real Player or Windows Media Player, but do you have any plans of making the stream available through iTunes?
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Re: iTunes and Beethoven.com

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:44 am

No sorry, we used to stream with iTunes years ago but they changed the radio requirement. If we were to continue streaming with them, we would have to buy new equipment. Too much $$$ for us!

But you will notice that we offer an iTunes link at our Music Log. It is a slow process but soon you will see that link will offer downloads of the tunes we play. Shortly you will be able to download all your favorite Beethoven Radio pieces!
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Re: iTunes and Beethoven.com

Postby navneeth » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. Guess I was just late in discovering Beethoven.com. :) As for the downloads, I just have to settle for sample clips since there isn't an iTunes store for my part of the world, yet. Even without all that this station does a great job. Thank you!
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:34 pm

I don't have an Ipod and I'm hesitant about buying one because of the rechargeable battery. I've seen some complaints on-line.

If I download any iTune links, what is the file extension downloaded? Can we get MP3 files so that I can use another MP3 player instead of an iPod?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32 pm

Bueller? .......Bueller?

Anyone?....Anyone? :screwy:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby CLarsen » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:35 am

Hiya Serenity,

So far my 30GB Video iPod has been working great and I use it almost every day while I'm writing code. (don't tell my boss!) I usually get three to four work days out of one charge and then I just plug it back into my wall charger and it's good to go.

Unfortunately the iTunes files that you purchase are downloaded in the proprietary iTunes format (AAC) and can only be played on a computer with iTunes or an iPod. You can rip your CD collection into iTunes as MP3 or AAC and then play those with a number of different programs or players. Purchased iTunes pieces can be played on up to five different machines which is nice so you're not tied down to one computer.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 8)
Sincerely,
Chris Larsen
IT Manager
Beethoven Radio :scooter:
CLarsen
Conductor

Return to Helping Hand