WMP crashing listening to Beethoven.com

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: WMP crashing listening to Beethoven.com

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 am

jamiebk wrote:Well....goodbye to B.Com and my BBB friends. My company blocks most audio/video streaming and the new "listen free" link is one of them. Previously, I was able to listen using the old http://www.beethoven.com-beethoven_ad.asx link, but that is gone now (simply a loop message directing us to the new link).

I will miss the format, fun and friends....I may be able to listen in on Fridays when I work from home, but that's about it. I am really bummed about the change. :( :(

Jamie,
sorry to hear that...
it bites the big one......

Hopefully your IT folks will let the stream through in the future...

Regards,
TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:51 am

Jamie, sorry to hear it. Hopefully the issue can be resolved in the near future.

Chris, is there a way to create an internet stream that corporate firewalls won't see as a threat?
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:19 am

jamiebk wrote: I am really bummed about the change. :( :(

As am I. :cry: :cry:
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby Chad » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:48 am

Hi Guys,
I apologize for the inconvenience of the new player. In order to continue to provide a free stream we had to switch providers. In the near future we will be offering a high quality 128k commercial free subscription stream that will open in Media Player just like the old stream.

If you are at work check with your IT staff to see if they can open up 'http://players.eonstreams.com' as a safe zone/site. Some firewall applications ask for a port number to allow. Enter port 80 to allow our streaming service to feed through.

If you can make changes in IE, try going into Tools/Internet Options/ Privacy Tab/ click the “Sites” button/ type in player.eonstreams.com and then click “allow” at the right. Make sure security settings are not too high and allow for Active X Controls and plug-ins.

Active X Controls and Plug-ins
- enable 'download signed ActiveX controls'
- enable 'run ActiveX controls and plug-ins'
- enable 'script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting'
Cookies
- enable both options for downloads
- enable 'file download'

If you have the audio but it cuts out/in, try adjusting the buffer size in Media Player. This can be accessed in the Tools/Options menu under the “Performance” tab. There you will see the buffer is usually set to default. Try something like 30 seconds.

You can also use the following link for a bookmark: http://players.eonstreams.com/FastAim/P ... erID=1029#

Hope this helps for some of you and thanks for your support! -Chad
Chad
Site Admin

Postby Shapley » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:57 am

Thanks, Chad.

And welcome to the B.com BB.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:54 pm

My ability to listen from work is spotty. I blame the IT crew here. I don't know why it works some days and not others, but that's how it goes. Right now, I get "connecting." Other days, I get music.

I don't show up on the BBB every day, but just because I'm a bit left out of the "comments on Beethoven radio selections" thread doesn't mean I don't try to keep in touch with the friends I've made here.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:02 pm

barfle wrote:My ability to listen from work is spotty. I blame the IT crew here. I don't know why it works some days and not others, but that's how it goes. Right now, I get "connecting." Other days, I get music.

I don't show up on the BBB every day, but just because I'm a bit left out of the "comments on Beethoven radio selections" thread doesn't mean I don't try to keep in touch with the friends I've made here.

I will try to keep up on the BBB if I can, but It's not as much fun when you can't hear what's going on. On the bright side, I guess my "Bolero" days are over.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Chad, and welcome to 'the pit'!

Thanks for the detailed instructions and for not leaving us hanging.

please forgive me
<ed: why would anyone forgive that egregious cr*p?>
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:02 pm

jamiebk wrote:... On the bright side, I guess my "Bolero" days are over.

:sniff: :sad: "Bolero" days are over... :cry:

No! I shall acquire, load, and play Bolero! Acquire more, I mean. Right now, I think I'll put on a Shos jazz suite.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:32 pm

With the "new" stream, it appears that it will be different than the one we're accustomed to. No commercials (Gee, I miss that lady with the grandchildren) and rapid requests sure sounds like it's a completely different station.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Previous

Return to Helping Hand