Disappearing Pictures

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Disappearing Pictures

Postby DavidS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:58 am

I have been trying to post recent pictures of my grandchildren on BBB. One attempt came out miniature thumbnail size. I then figured out how to adjust the size suitably and managed to get a photo into a message on the board. However, when I left the window to edit the message and returned, or simply tried to refresh the window, I got the dreaded red X in a box!
Any ideas how to remedy this phenomenon?
Tel grain, tel pain.
DavidS
2nd Chair

Re: Disappearing Pictures

Postby GreatCarouser » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:53 am

DavidS wrote:I have been trying to post recent pictures of my grandchildren on BBB. One attempt came out miniature thumbnail size. I then figured out how to adjust the size suitably and managed to get a photo into a message on the board. However, when I left the window to edit the message and returned, or simply tried to refresh the window, I got the dreaded red X in a box!
Any ideas how to remedy this phenomenon?
Sounds like this has to do with where you are posting/hosting the image. You need a website to host it or something like Photobucket.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby DavidS » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:26 am

Thanks very much, GC.
I changed my hosting site to Photobucket and it seems to be working OK now! :D
Tel grain, tel pain.
DavidS
2nd Chair

Return to Helping Hand