Did Beethoven.com forget to set their clocks back?

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Did Beethoven.com forget to set their clocks back?

Postby Shapley » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:28 pm

I notice that the most recent message I posted shows having been posted at 6:14 P.M, and the one Shos posted afterwards is listed at 6:16 P.M.. According to my clock, it is now 4:27 P.M. which would be 5:27 P.M. in Connecticut, unless they forgot to 'fall back' Sunday Morning.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby mmichaelson » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:57 pm

does it automatically adjust for daylight savings, or do we have to do that in our profiles?
Mandi, Proud Mommy to fawn boxer Sam and two tabby kitties: Chloe and Ty!
mmichaelson
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:09 pm

I adjusted mine in my profile after reading your post, but I'm not sure if that fixed it. It was set to GMT-4, which is the same as B.com. I've adjusted it to GMT-5.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:15 pm

My screen now says 'all times are GMT - 5 Hours', and the time displayed is correct for Connecticut time, which should be GMT-4, which was where it was set before. So I remain puzzled.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby CLarsen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:11 am

Hi All,

Unfortunately this board doesn't automatically change the time so we had to do it manually. We went through daylight savings time this weekend and a couple of time calculators I checked said we should be at GMT-5 so that's what I set it to. Unfortunately that will not change the time for individual users so you'll have to change it yourself under your Profile settings for now. I'm looking for a way to tweak the system so ya'll don't have to do it manually. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your patience!
Sincerely,
Chris Larsen
IT Manager
Beethoven Radio :scooter:
CLarsen
Conductor

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:16 am

CLarsen wrote:Hi All,

Unfortunately this board doesn't automatically change the time so we had to do it manually. We went through daylight savings time this weekend and a couple of time calculators I checked said we should be at GMT-5 so that's what I set it to. Unfortunately that will not change the time for individual users so you'll have to change it yourself under your Profile settings for now. I'm looking for a way to tweak the system so ya'll don't have to do it manually. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your patience!

Chris,
Thanks... that was easy enough....
Regards,
TM :D
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Catmando » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:22 am

Shap - I finally got the time zone right.

I believe Missouri is in the same time zone as Manitoba (Central Standard Time).

Try GMT - 6
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:29 am

Catmando wrote:Shap - I finally got the time zone right.

I believe Missouri is in the same time zone as Manitoba (Central Standard Time).

Try GMT - 6

Yes - That is correct. Central Time is -6 from GMT.

:D
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:05 am

Thanks. I looked it up on the internet yesterday, and it said Eastern time was GMT-4, so I set mine at GMT-5, I see now that another site says Eastern Daylight Time is GMT-4, Eastern Standard Time is GMT-5., so that would make Central Standard Time GMT-6.

I'm just so used to computers doing everything automatically, I assumed (there's that word again) that this site just failed to do so....

Chris, TM, Cat, et. al., Thanks!

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:17 pm

Here's a fun one - I just noticed the time thingie on the Index page and it says:

You last visited on 17 Nov 2006 12:05 am
The time now is 17 Nov 2006 10:14 am

Wow. Time travel.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:26 pm

What's wrong with that? :?
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:36 am

Just wondering... I think the forum is still is non-DST time. But that's not a problem for me. :mrgreen:
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Return to Helping Hand