BEETHOVEN RADIO - Are You Still There???

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

BEETHOVEN RADIO - Are You Still There???

Postby jamiebk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Ever since last night (3/9/07), I was unable to hear the stream from B/R. The windows media player looked OK and was showing the streaming, but there was no music. I tried downloading the Real Player pass (sorry I did) and still nothing. I can get other radio streams on both media players. What is happening? Are you still broadcasting???
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:11 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, jamie. Their weekend programme seems to be on now.
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:37 pm

Are you receiving the music stream....'cause I am not. Dead silence... while the little bars on the windows media player continue to move. The selection information shows up on the windows display, but no music
3/10/07 10:30AM PST
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:15 pm

jamiebk wrote:Are you receiving the music stream....'cause I am not. Dead silence... while the little bars on the windows media player continue to move. The selection information shows up on the windows display, but no music
3/10/07 10:30AM PST

Although I use the Windows Media stream, I use a different player. I can notice that the visualisation bars don't work at all. There's a panel at the bottom that says "Playing: Beethoven.com...," but I hear no sound.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:03 pm

Wow...2:03PM PST 3/10/07 B/R radio streaming just popped on! Using the Windows Media Player.

What was the "blackout" all about?....server issue?
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:32 pm

I was listening to Sir Stew last night, and when he left the air, the stream stopped. I thought maybe he hit the wrong button for the auto-play-bot when he left. The silence was deafening.
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:59 pm

The stream is working fine right now, although I never know what I'm going to get from the office.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:24 am

barfle wrote:The stream is working fine right now, although I never know what I'm going to get from the office.

Oh my gosh! You're at the office at 1AM? :shock: I hate to say it but me thinks you're an overachiever! Kudos! Hmm....what would a Kudos emoticon look like?.

When I clicked on the Play Radio button, the Windows Media player would start up but no sound would come out of my speakers. I would try a CD and music was there. I went to my laptop computer to make sure it wasn't my desktop computer that was abherrant......no sound. If a listener reports that they are having difficulties with streaming, should the radio station play royalties? I don't think so. AHA! Beethoven Radio could keep playing all weekend long and we could complain on the bulletin board that we're not getting a signal. Voila! No royalty rates to pay! :wink:
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:07 am

Nice...I have resumed listening to BR with Beethoven's 5th. :D
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby barfle » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:10 pm

Serenity wrote:Oh my gosh! You're at the office at 1AM? :shock: I hate to say it but me thinks you're an overachiever! Kudos! Hmm....what would a Kudos emoticon look like?.

Nonononononono. I was at home at 1AM. I'm usually in the office between 7:45AM and 5:45PM, Monday thru Thursday, but the connectivity to beethoven has been unpredictable (to use kind words) from there. It works fine at home through FIOS.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Re: BEETHOVEN RADIO - Are You Still There???

Postby jamiebk » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:21 am

Was the B.com "down" this AM? I could not connect to the site and am trying to figure out if the problem was on my end. I tried the WTMI site and got that, but when I clicked on BBB, I received the same "not available" response.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:31 am

The website was down when I arrived at work this A.M., but I was able to log onto the stream using RealPlayer with no difficulty. There was a 'hiccough' in which I lost the stream for about a minute, but otherwise it has been working fine.

I was unable to access the site for about forty-five minutes, but I don't know how long it was unavailable before I attempted to log on.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 am

Shapley wrote:The website was down when I arrived at work this A.M., but I was able to log onto the stream using RealPlayer with no difficulty. There was a 'hiccough' in which I lost the stream for about a minute, but otherwise it has been working fine.

I was unable to access the site for about forty-five minutes, but I don't know how long it was unavailable before I attempted to log on.

V/R
Shapley

Shapley,

BBB was down for about 45 minutes....
stream did hi-cup but then came back....shortly after that...

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Serenity » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Yeah...I get BRWS Syndrome (Beethoven Radio Withdrawal Symptoms).

If I search for other classical stations and tune in, it's like going from microbrew beers to "light beers" or from fresh cow milk to "gas-station-brand skim milk".
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:05 am

The Bulletin Board is back up and working again! Thanks, Chris & Company!
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:45 am

All I could get this am (~11am-12:30) was the opiod dependence commerical. Then I had 'playing', but no sound. Went to get lunch and now I have music... not sure what's up with that. Anyway, I'm happier now - no longer am subject to the music going through my head....'Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh, chubby little tubby all stuffed with fluff, he's Winnie the Pooh....' ahh the joys of having children...
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:15 am

We are having some issue with our streaming partner. We have calls into them and hope to have this fixed soon. I actually have a meeting with them this afternoon to voice our concerns... We hope to be back up and running soon.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:25 am

OK good news! We will be going with a new streaming company starting next week. This company will be more reliable and we should not have the problems we have had!

We hope to have the new stream up by Thursday. Please remember to update your bookmarks for the stream to the new one once it's launched! Once the new stream is up just visit Beethoven.com and then click on the headphones to load the new stream; then you can bookmark it.

Keep checking the website but we hope to 100% up with the new stream by Thursday the latest... in not earlier!
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Nicole Marie wrote:OK good news! We will be going with a new streaming company starting next week. This company will be more reliable and we should not have the problems we have had!

We hope to have the new stream up by Thursday. Please remember to update your bookmarks for the stream to the new one once it's launched! Once the new stream is up just visit Beethoven.com and then click on the headphones to load the new stream; then you can bookmark it.

Keep checking the website but we hope to 100% up with the new stream by Thursday the latest... in not earlier!

Does this affect the 128K stream as well? We go though the "members" page to access that.
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 am

Members may have seen some issues this past week and it is tied into the poor service from the old company. Members will not see a change in how they log in, and in the other services they have. But you may have to re-book mark your page. I will ask the IT staff to post a note that will better explain the upcoming changes.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Next

Return to Helping Hand