I quit!

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

I quit!

Postby GAMT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Beethoven.com has no sound again. My computer checks out fine as do my new speakers. I won't do any more complaining, but I will look to see if anyone has any helpful ideas.
GAMT
Section Player

Re: I quit!

Postby Shapley » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 pm

I thought Chris had provided a link to a different stream, but could not find the message in which it was posted. Hopefully, he will log in with suggestions.

Which version of Windows Media Player are you using? You may want to try re-installing it or updating it.

I use RealPlayer, and we have a whole thread devoted to problems with that format, but TM seems to have found a fix. I rarely have problems with WMP when I use it, so I can't offer any suggestions on how to fix it. I click on the icon and it plays. I use it as a backup when RealPlayer is down.

You may want to send Chris a private message, he is the most likely to be able to offer suggestions.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby navneeth » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:46 am

Switch to Linux and add the WM stream URL to your your favourite media player that supports internet streams. :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby CLarsen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:50 am

Hi All, sorry for the trouble we had on Thursday. There were a couple of issues that we ran into, one was that on Wednesday evening the router we have at the studio wasn't switched so that there wasn't any audio going into the encoder. Then towards the morning, our new stream provider had a server crash that brought down the whole stream and was displaying error messages. Both issues were fixed so ya'll should be able to listen now. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Chris Larsen
IT Manager
Beethoven Radio :scooter:
CLarsen
Conductor

Return to Helping Hand