Podcast problems

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Podcast problems

Postby barfle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:25 pm

I don't have any problems downloading huge files at the office, although our firewall is about 90% effective in blocking streams.

Sooooo, having noticed a link to "podcasts," I went over there and saw a nice long list of programs that could perhaps provide me with my needed beethoven.com fix. Alas, whenever I click on any of the "MP3" links, I get a message that my computer could not connect with the server.

Could this problem be yet another office firewall issue, or are the mp3s not available, or is there a secret handshake I need to know?

I'll try it from home and see what I get.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Re: Podcast problems

Postby Shapley » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 am

I've never used the feature before, but out of curiosity, I clicked on the link. I was able to download the Debussy "Classical Comedy" skit with no difficulty.

Probably your firewall again... :(
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Yep, works just fine from home. Doggone bureaucrats!

Oh, that's me! :dunce:
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 am

barfle wrote:Yep, works just fine from home. Doggone bureaucrats!

Yeah...welcome to the "club". I hate my company...the damn IT goons have a us locked down tighter than Abu Ghraib. I have resorted to finding some wireless connection ("stolen" or otherwise) and disabling the proxy server and logging on to websites that way. If I go through the LAN, I would never be able to "talk" to you guys here on the BBB
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 am

jamiebk wrote:
barfle wrote:Yep, works just fine from home. Doggone bureaucrats!

Yeah...welcome to the "club". I hate my company...the damn IT goons have a us locked down tighter than Abu Ghraib. I have resorted to finding some wireless connection ("stolen" or otherwise) and disabling the proxy server and logging on to websites that way. If I go through the LAN, I would never be able to "talk" to you guys here on the BBB

That sux.......
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Return to Helping Hand