My Weather Today

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: My Weather Today

Postby barfle » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:40 pm

GCR, that reminds me of the weather in southern California. Pretty consistent, pretty nice. Heah in Vahjiniyah, we get plenty of weather. We had a cold, wet spring, and now we're getting hammered by heat and humidity. While I like hot weather, 90 degrees and 80% humidity doesn't exactly make for gardening weather.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Well, I should also point out that they tell me the time the sun rises. This is news?
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am

55 degrees on a mid-August morning in Southernmost Illinois. Almost jacket weather...
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Had showers this morning. Temp heading to 87, winds to 25 mph. Fluffy clouds floating by. Beach weather. Waves to 4 feet. UV index 11--you will burn.
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:31 am

The past few days have been beautiful!
Hi 50's to low 60's in the morning.
mid 70's to low 80's in the afternoon with LOW HUMIDITY!

alas, the wanning days of summer, the forecast is for humidity to come back this week.....

Hope you are all having a GREAT SUMMER!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:10 am

It's back in the upper 50s again this morning, expected to climb into the low 80s. I think we are expecting a return of hot weather next week, but that's subject to change. I'm not complaining.

I haven't decided if this is a late Spring or an early Autumn. Spring never seemed to quite get over here, although we were traveling for three weeks, and may have missed what Summer we had during that time. :)
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:48 am

Warming up a bit, now. It was 63 when I rose this morning, and 68 by the time I arrived at work. Lots of fog, but that burned off quickly.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:01 am

next couple of days the humidity will be rising... and by the end of the week the prediction may reach 90....

:-)

Ah .............. better than cold and snow!!!! :mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:56 pm

We have been in the upper 80s and lower 90s this week. The rain has also largely ended, leading me to believe it was a late Spring rather than an early Autumn we were experiencing. It may be a short Summer, though... ;)
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:58 am

MId 80's and humid for us today.
That is the prediction with showers/thunderstorms over the later part of the weekend.....

Good Grief.... Summer is just about over... Where did it go????
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:46 am

Good Grief.... Summer is just about over... Where did it go????

It can't be. It just got here...
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:00 am

Rain forecasted for late in the Labor Day weekend.

Hope you all have a safe celebration.
Enjoy the 3 day weekend if you are not working!!

TM :mrgreen:
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Schmeelkie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:24 am

Overall, we really had a typical Rochester summer. A couple of brief 90's and humid stretches, some just 80s and humid, some rainy cooler days, but August had a ton of 78-82 degree days, low humidity - lovely! So - not too hot, enough rain, but not really too much - a nice summer!

Our Labor Day started in mid-upper 70s, got to 85 on Labor Day (with us missing t-storms for outdoor activities all weekend), then rainy and only 68 on Tuesday. Kids went back to school that Wednesday - 75 and sunny! We didn't get out of the 60s this past weekend.

This week is really crazy though:
Monday - kids on the bus to 48 degrees - in shorts and t-shirts, but with sweatshirts on. Happy for the shorts as it was 75 when they got home.
Today - kids on the bus to 70 degrees - likely over 90 today and tomorrow!
Thursday - back to upper 70s
Friday - rainy with a high of 58.
I'm calling it roller coaster week!
"Up plus down equals flat" Pumpkin, 3 yrs, 10 mo, July '07
Schmeelkie
2nd Chair

Postby Giant Communist Robot » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:07 pm

Temp heading to 88, UV 11, waves on north shore to 10 feet
Thinking is overrated
Giant Communist Robot
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:18 am

Cool this morning in the 50's...
I say goodbye to summer.... :-(
and await Old Man Winter.........................
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:00 am

We are still enjoying temperatures in the upper 80s, though it has been a bit cooler in the mornings, usually around 60. The leaves are starting to turn, but they are mostly still green.

People I know keep posting photos of Tennessee and Kentucky in their Autumn splendor on facebook, but I think they are from last year. We drove over to Asheville, NC last week and it was still as green as ever. We had a pleasant, albeit short, drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway between Asheville and Cherokee, NC. It was rainy and foggy most of the way, but it was still a nice drive. Temperature in the 70s.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:46 am

We weathered the storms yesterday quite well. Nearing the end of what has been a mostly uneventful year, tornadoes roared through the are in a very narrow path, passing our area by staying mostly along the Ohio River. By the time the warnings sounded, the rain and the wind had passed us, the Sun was shining and the sky was blue above my house, but dark stormy clouds were just south of us, hanging over the fields just below us.

My brother-in law lives less than an hour away, to our southeast, and he experienced the same in reverse, with the storm clouds passing North of him. We did not see the funnel clouds nor tornadoes, but they apparently passed quite near.

My prayers are offered for those who were impacted by them.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 am

28 degrees this morning..... brrrrr...........
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:47 am

Shapley wrote:We weathered the storms yesterday quite well. Nearing the end of what has been a mostly uneventful year, tornadoes roared through the are in a very narrow path, passing our area by staying mostly along the Ohio River. By the time the warnings sounded, the rain and the wind had passed us, the Sun was shining and the sky was blue above my house, but dark stormy clouds were just south of us, hanging over the fields just below us.

My brother-in law lives less than an hour away, to our southeast, and he experienced the same in reverse, with the storm clouds passing North of him. We did not see the funnel clouds nor tornadoes, but they apparently passed quite near.

My prayers are offered for those who were impacted by them.

glad you are all safe

ditto on the prayers....
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:58 am

Our temperature was over 70 degrees (F) last week, then plunged to the 30s, with ice and then snow. We had about 6" of snow on top of about an inch of ice on Friday, and could of dustings of snow since. It's melting, slowly, now, but the cold has been lingering, so its not going anywhere fast.

No power outages or other mishaps to report here, just a blanket of white that makes for pretty photos and bad driving. I see on the weather map that everyone likes to post on facebook that our weather is pretty much the same as everyone else in the nations', except my friends in Florida who like to keep posting photos of themselves in swimwear to remind us that they are apparently exempt from the current cold spell.

Oh, well! If it weren't for Winter, we wouldn't appreciate the Spring.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Culture Connections