Flashing, Blinking, Moving Player window

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Flashing, Blinking, Moving Player window

Postby phatchet » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:49 am

When the Beethoven.com player window opens, the bottom paine often has some hideous flashing, blinking, rotating ad in it. It borders (sometimes surpasses) being visually offensive to me. It's anything BUT a culture connection....

Now, I realize the need (requirement) for Beethoven.com to post ads. But isn't there something that can be done to tone these things down? Does anybody else out there think these things are too much?

Wondering....

PH
phatchet
5th Chair

Re: Flashing, Blinking, Moving Player window

Postby barfle » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:34 am

You can minimize the window, which is what I do. That takes it off your desktop, and there's just one of those little buttons on your taskbar (next to the start button, usually at the bottom of your screen).

I'm afraid b.c isn't all that responsible for the ads. I'm sure they don't produce them, and that they come from adsertion.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby dkm32 » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:29 am

If you don't want to minimize it, do what I do. Move the window down to the bottom of the screen where the toolbar is. Put the top of the ad below the toolbar. The only part that shows is the Beethoven stuff and the volume control, play button & "bufferiing" window.

'Course, since I converted to WMP9, I don't get the volume control or play button. But, that's a different story.
Donna
aka: Josef Strauss Nut
Vienna Waltz Nut
Nut in general
dkm32
3rd Chair

Postby MikeM » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:07 pm

Originally posted by dkm32:
'Course, since I converted to WMP9, I don't get the volume control or play button. But, that's a different story.
That's strange. I am running Media Player Version 9 and I have the both the volume control and the play button.

I wonder if this is a setting on WMP? I may have to look into this.

Mike

BTW, I DETEST flashing ads almost as much as I detest pop-up/pop-under ads! :mad:

But I don't blame b.com, I just resolve to NEVER buy a product from a company that uses such advertising.

- M
MikeM
5th Chair

Postby Gaby » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:35 pm

I'm with Barfle, I just minimize the player.
If not today, then tomorrow...maybe!
Gaby
4th Chair

Return to Culture Connections