You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Postby audiogirl » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:32 pm

I love this show! It's a must see for "Peanuts" fans. Are any of you Hartford folks going to see it?
audiogirl
3rd Chair

Re: You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Postby BenODen » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:03 pm

I'm right there with you! You're a Good man Charlie Brown is my favorite musical of all time, and I've only heard the soundtrack and read the script! They totally captured the personality of all the characters. Each character has at least one number that brings out the magic in that character's personality. The know it all quality, the neurotic quality, the imaginative quality, in fact the little kid in each of us is captured brilliantly. If you are in the area, and you like Peanuts, you should not miss this.

Anyone know if this is the new or old music? They released 'updated' music a year or two back, and I can't say that I like the snippits I've heard (via amazon) quite as well as the original, but they are still really good.

I'm no millionaire, but I considered flying out to see it.. Unfortunately, flights were already too expensive by the time I heard about it. I hope it gets put on in the Denver sometime.

-Benito

<small>[ 03-11-2004, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Benito Of Denver ]</small>
If only I could fly on my own wings.
BenODen
3rd Chair

Re: You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Postby barfle » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:55 am

I've seen "Charlie Brown" done by several amateur theater groups, from high schools up to a corporate fuction. I'd recommend looking around your local papers to see if anyone is doing it on the cheap (which is the only way I've seen it, I'm afraid). The talent levels may vary, but the true meaning of "amateur" shows up - doing something for the simple love of doing it.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Return to Culture Connections