You're all invited New Year's Eve

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

You're all invited New Year's Eve

Postby eaphil » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:28 pm

Been meaning to check out some classic blues at a real juke joint in the town where Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil? Thanks to NPR, New Year's Eve you can do it without even leaving home:

Clarksdale host for annual NPR New Year's Eve program

Personally, I haven't been able to develop an appreciation for the blues. Maybe some of you have.
A society is generally as lax as its language.
eaphil
4th Chair

Re: You're all invited New Year's Eve

Postby GreatCarouser » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:35 pm

Thanks eaphil.
BTW, what were they thinking at Ole Miss when they fired the football coach?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby eaphil » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:42 pm

It's a mystery to me. For some reason, a lot of people never liked him from the beginning. The reasons given for the firing seem to keep changing and none of them make much sense to me. But they never called to ask my opinion.

I think it is ridiculous that we (or anyone else) pays someone $1.2 million to coach college football, especially when we struggle to pay our professors. Worse, the word is the people who bought out our coach's contract (now that really is crazy... paying a guy $2 million to NOT coach) are also willing to finance $1.8 million a year for the next coach.

Congratulations on the year your Chargers are having. Looks like Rothlesberger is better than either of our guys.

<small>[ 12-07-2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: eaphil ]</small>
A society is generally as lax as its language.
eaphil
4th Chair

Postby GreatCarouser » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:23 am

So far anyway...When we hired Marty my main worry was his rather abysmal playoff record. I'll forgive him the Elway losses (with the Browns) as he had his team in position to win but the two times the Chiefs were seeded #1 in the AFC he made some horrible choices.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Return to Culture Connections