Happy Mardi Gras!

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Happy Mardi Gras!

Postby monkeymd2b » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:02 pm

Hey everybody! Happy Mardi Gras! I'm tired. I got up at 7 am, started drinking at 8 am, drunk by 8:15, friend started throwing up at 10 am - don't worry, while she was at it, the rest of us were sure to catch her some good beads. Now I'm home because I'm tired of walking around the quarter collecting beads. I don't even know why I get so concerned about getting lots of beads since I have tons of them and all I ever do with them is put them in my bead bag in the closet. I was a ballerina. I would post a picture but now I'm sober and realize that would be horribly embarassing - did I mention I bought the leotard and tights from toys R us? I love mardi gras! I met these guys from massachusetts and my friend got them to put on sparkly lip gloss (don't worry, she put it on their fingers so as to not pick up any nasty diseases). He he he that was funny to see. Well, now I'm going to get some dinner. Last mardi gras for now! Maybe years from now I'll come back...maybe not.
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Re: Happy Mardi Gras!

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:41 pm

Post the photo! Post the photo! Post the photo! Post the photo! Post the photo! Post the photo! Post the photo! Post the photo!

:D
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby GreatCarouser » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:15 pm

Try offering her beads, OT. Piq probably knows where to get some.
monkeymd I'm jealous of everything except the hangover, leotards and tu-tu (even without a photo I know they look better on you then on me). I miss eating in New Awlinz and traipsing about the Quarter during the festivities.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:52 am

GC,
They Party Hearty down in the big easy!

A niece of mine is getting married down there in April. Only immediate family are going. Very small wedding. They will be having some sort of ceremony up here in June. Too bad. I would love to go to New Orleans. My brother went there on a business trip and loved it. He said it was a bit expensive but the food was great.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby BigJon » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:22 pm

So do they Party Heartier at a wedding or a funeral in NO?

BigJon
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Return to Culture Connections