Does anyone else read The Reader?

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Does anyone else read The Reader?

Postby Andy Warton » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:58 am

"The Reader" is a quarterly literary publication run by the University of Liverpool, England; but they also have a New York office, so I assume it's available in the US, too. I was working through the crossword at the back and got stuck on the last few clues - so I thought I'd ask, does anybody read (or has anybody heard of) "The Reader"?
Where your own intelligence fails, a god will inspire you.
- Athene, The Odyssey
Andy Warton
4th Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Andy, I tried to look at the puzzle but couldn't without subscribing. Oh well, good luck. May I introduce you to The Onion : http://www.theonion.com/content
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:37 am

There's a paper called "The Reader" available here, but I don't think it's even remotely similar to your quarterly. Ours is available free on Thursdays, and consists mostly of advertisements for various bars, restaurants, and entertainment venues. It's very useful in planning a weekend, and has good coupons.

I also declined to subscribe, and so could not view your Reader, Andy.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:49 am

You could post some of the clues here if you want to.
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Andy Warton » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:47 pm

Thanks everyone; especially Serenity for the link to The Onion. I've heard of that site - one of my teachers once showed us one of The Onion's stories making fun of bogus archaeological findings, it was really funny (once I realised they were being sarcastic).

As to the clues - do you think I might be in breach of copyright laws if I were to post some of them? I'm not sure... I'll get back to you.

As to The Reader, I really do recommend it - especially to frequenters of the "Does anybody read?" thread.
Where your own intelligence fails, a god will inspire you.
- Athene, The Odyssey
Andy Warton
4th Chair

Return to Culture Connections