Visiting San Antonio This Week

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Visiting San Antonio This Week

Postby BigJon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:42 am

I'll be visiting San Antonio, TX this week for a convention. Staying in the Riverwalk area. Anyone got suggestions for good eats while I am there? We won't have much time for sight seeing, but is there anything I shouldn't miss?

Is it true that locals get upset if you call it San Antone?
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:43 pm

How was the convention? Did you see a Spurs game? Did you see Eva Longoria? How's the food there?.............Do you remember anything?
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:52 pm

Convention was excellent. Spurs weren't in town. Eva who? The food was out of this world. I love Mexican, Tex-Mex and BBQ and had all three in abundance. :drool:

I remember everything, this was a strict working convention and I had a lot to do. Other than some quick walks on the river to the Alamo and the aforementioned dinners, I had to keep my nose to the grindstone.

The town and architecture are very nice. Its one of the few cities I know of that I could picture myself living in. But, man, was the panhandling aggressive. There was one on every block at all times of day and night.
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:10 pm

Was this a software convention? You should've picked up a nice cookbook for those homecooked meals....good luck finding ingredients. I thought pan-handling was aggresive throughout the fair-weather south.

Eva Longoria is a celebrity of hispanic roots, actress on the show "Desperate Housewives" and dating/engaged to Tim Duncan of the Spurs; hangs out in San Antonio.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:06 pm

Serenity wrote: Was this a software convention?

Club convention. I run a local chapter.

Serenity wrote:You should've picked up a nice cookbook for those homecooked meals....good luck finding ingredients. I thought pan-handling was aggressive throughout the fair-weather south.

Sigh, ingredients are always my downfall.

Serenity wrote:Eva Longoria is a celebrity of hispanic roots, actress on the show "Desperate Housewives" and dating/engaged to Tim Duncan of the Spurs; hangs out in San Antonio.

I knew who she is, I was just trying to project a superior, pop-culture-unaware, anti-TV watching attitude to the list. :mrgreen:
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Serenity wrote:Eva Longoria ... dating/engaged to Tim Duncan of the Spurs

Hmm... last time I saw, she was with Tony Parker. :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Serenity » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Oh, you are absolutely right! It is Parker and not Duncan!
Serenity
1st Chair

Return to Culture Connections