Quiz III (not necessarily for Nicole Marie)

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Quiz III (not necessarily for Nicole Marie)

Postby EJA_2 » Wed Feb 21, 2001 11:47 am

In the category of why did the chicken cross the road: <P>Why did the Princess Liechenstein hit Beethoven over the head three times with her hand?? And what was his reaction?<BR> <BR>Have fun!<P> -- Ethan Adams
EJA_2
4th Chair

Re: Quiz III (not necessarily for Nicole Marie)

Postby EJA_2 » Thu Feb 22, 2001 1:19 pm

<Yaaaaawn><BR>He was playing the piano at the time.
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Mon Mar 05, 2001 1:51 pm

Since no one cares,<BR>Beethoven was playing his sonata in D, if I recall correctly for the Princess and some of her friends. He flubbed and lost his concentration in the middle of this performance. The Princess jumped up and soundly rapped him on the head three times with the palm of her hand. She explained that Beethoven as her teacher had once tapped her lightly on the head three times with his finger when she had made a similar mistake playing a different piece. She expostulated that the teacher's punishment should be much greater than the student's for the same crime. Beethoven was highly amused and resumed his performance from the beginning, playing perfectly for the rest of the session. <P>Sorry to ask such an obscure question. I was just intrigued by the story. <P><BR> -- Ethan Adams
EJA_2
4th Chair

Postby Peter » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:36 pm

EJA, I did care(!), but when you said about the chicken crossing the road, I was expecting it to be a JOKE! I`ve been mulling this over for a week - what wasted mental energy!! Image
Peter
3rd Chair

Postby EJA_2 » Tue Mar 06, 2001 12:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter:<BR><B>what wasted mental energy!! Image</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oops -- sorry. I hate to waste people's mental energy. I'll try to be more careful in the future. Image I figured there was something wrong since I got no takers. Thanks for enlightening me! <P> -- Ethan Adams<BR>
EJA_2
4th Chair

Return to Nicole Marie