Insanely funny live piano concert heard on WTMI in Aug 1

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Insanely funny live piano concert heard on WTMI in Aug 1

Postby BigPaulão » Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:18 pm

Hello, Nicole.<P>I heard about WTMI the first time I went to U.S. on training on Fort Lauderdale, and I thanked God that there was alternatives to other radios on the dial. Being a brazilian guy that loves classical music (and not getting to listen any brazilian music on Florida, not so surprisingly :) ) I've went on with WTMI during my permanence in South Florida.<P>Well, I don't know whether you can help, but at the time of the subject I've heard a program (I'm almost certain it was a saturday or sunday) where the piano player was very... Let's say... "Irreverent". I remember that he said as long he played the "Liebestraum" how the piece was "disgusting". (Don't take me wrong, I love classical music but I don't matter if someone wants to make people laugh out of it.)<P>It was insanely funny, and I remember also that this was a live recording from the 50's.<BR>Do you know the name of the recording or at least the name of the piano player? I really don't know whether you were with WTMI or not at the time; if not (and also if you don't know the recording), could you point me to other people that may know about this?<P>TIA,<BR>Paulo Fessel
BigPaulão
Section Player

Re: Insanely funny live piano concert heard on WTMI in Aug 1

Postby barfle » Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:27 pm

Well, my best guess is that it was done by Victor Borge, who died within the past year or so. He was most definitely an accomplished pianist, but he had about a dozen comedy routines that seemed to keep him well-fed from shortly after the time he arrived in the US.<P>If you're looking for a recording, try ebay.com.<P>Jim
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby BigPaulão » Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barfle:<BR><STRONG>Well, my best guess is that it was done by Victor Borge </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, exactly. The time I read your reply it came instantaneosly to my mind.<P>Thanks,<P>Paulo
BigPaulão
Section Player

Postby Hector the Crow » Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:35 am

Specifically, Victor Borge's comedy album <I>Caught in the Act</I>, Track 5: Three Borge Favorites: Liebstraum
Hector the Crow
Section Player

Return to Nicole Marie