CONSPIRACY THEORY, ANYONE?

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

CONSPIRACY THEORY, ANYONE?

Postby lliam » Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:00 am

Decisions that rocked the world..<P>Portugal reduced to nine men against South Korea for a mistimed tackle by Beto which made virtually no contact with the opposition player. It makes Portugal's task of overturning a 1-0 deficit virtually impossible and they are eliminated.<P>ITALY'S <BR>Damiano Tommasi wrongly ruled offside as he scored what would have been a golden goal winner against South Korea, who instead score themselves.<P>CHRISTIAN VIERI'S 'goal' against Croatia disallowed when assistant referee wrongly flags for offside. Italy loose 2-1.<BR>IN THE same game Marco Materazzi equalises with a late 'goal', but that too is disallowed when the referee's assistant spots a foul by Filippo Inzaghi.<P>REFEREE William Mattus of Costa Rica denies Junchi Inamoto a goal in Japan's 2-2 draw <BR>with Belgium for an unspecified infringement.<P>MARC WILMOTS thinks he has headed Belgium ahead against Brazil, but the referee rules it out for a push on defender Roque Junior which T V shows simply did not happen.<P>UNITED STATES<BR>denied an equaliser against Germany in the quarter-finals when referee Hugh Dallas ignores Torsten Frings 'handball on the line. Germany win 1-0.<P>Do you think that there are to many inexperienced referee's and assistant ref's, refereeing very important games?<BR>Lliam. :(<p>[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: lliam ]
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Re: CONSPIRACY THEORY, ANYONE?

Postby Nicole Marie » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:54 am

I have too say it does seem a little fishy. There is a lot at stake in these big games and tons of pressure. Ref's are not immune to this. Big money is involved also in this sport. Does that factor in?<P>How do you fix this problem? (there is a problem) I'm not sure but what makes it worse is once a ref makes a call that's it. This rule makes it possbile for ref's to make calls and never have it questioned. There needs to be a system to watch over the ref's. Lack of a check and balance system is seriously lacking in football.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby lliam » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:42 pm

Nicole,<BR> <BR>I think a good Idea is an extra eye.<P>We had a lot of controversy in cricket, not so long ago, now we have the usual two umpires plus the assistance of the camera.<P>If the umpire gets a very close call, he can see the replay with the second umpire and then make his final judgement. <P>Lliam. ;)
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Postby BenMurphy6 » Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:10 pm

bad officiating is the one thing that consistently annoys me in every sport i watch (besides golf). did anyone watch the stanley cup playoffs this year? the officiating was as inconsistent as the officiating at an acc basketball game. or, an acc football game, for that matter.
BenMurphy6
3rd Chair

Postby lliam » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:59 am

I think if the players complain enough, something may happen.<P> Wasn't the camera bought into tennis because of bad judgement against John Mcinroe , and his consistant complaining?<BR>Lliam. :(
Lliam.

lliam
2nd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie