The Chang!

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

The Chang!

Postby lliam » Tue Aug 27, 2002 2:01 pm

A "Chang" is a Central Asian instrument (from countries such as Uzbekistan). It's something like a hammered dulcimer with a damper pedal. <P>How long does it take to tune a chang? <BR>Nobody knows. <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Why is it so difficult to tune a chang? <BR>So that violist can feel superior about something. <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Q: How many chang players does it take to change a light bulb? <BR>All of them. One to twist the bulb for several hours, and the other one to decide that it's as good as it's going to get, and that they might as well flip the switch. <BR> :)
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Re: The Chang!

Postby shostakovich » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:19 pm

Fascinating topic. What instrument does a Chang play?<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby lliam » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:46 pm

quote<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Fascinating topic. What instrument does a Chang play?<BR>Shos <BR>--------------------------------------------<BR>I'm sorry Shos, I should have explained.<P>Chang began its musical studies at age 3 on the piano and switched to the cello three years later. It participated on a full scholarship in the master classes of Mischa Maisky in Siena, Italy, and has studied privately with both Maestro Maisky and Maestro Rostropovich. In September 2000, it begins its senior year at the Rockland Country Day School in Congers, New York. <BR>Updated May 2000. <P>Lliam.
Lliam.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted - George Best
lliam
2nd Chair

Postby shostakovich » Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:59 pm

Thank you, Lliam. I've been upstaged.<BR>Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Return to Nicole Marie