HOMESCHOOLING

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: HOMESCHOOLING

Postby piqaboo » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:30 pm

Yeah,
just have Marye send you canadian meds.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Re: HOMESCHOOLING

Postby monkeymd2b » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:51 pm

Hee hee hee. I had a lecture today on ADHD and me thinks Pet wouldn't have liked the kiddie shrink giving the lecture. I actually asked him about using behavioral therapy/modification as a first line to helping kids with ADHD and he said "For kids with true ADHD, the only real solution is to put the kid on a stimulant." He pretty much ignored the idea of behavioral therapy except as used as an adjunct to drug therapy. My classmates and I are convinced that he treats ADHD by boring it out of the poor kids that see him (certainly sucked all the remaining bits of energy I had in me). By the end of the lecture, I was convinced that I had ADHD, inattentive type (more common in girls).

Oh and I learned a bit of trivia: kids with ADHD but not conduct disorder are likely to have family members with learning disorders (the kid could have one too and this may actually be the problem and not a true dx of ADHD). And mood disorders (major depression, bipolar, etc) are common in families with ADHD. And if ADHD wasn't enough, the kid could have conduct disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, and anxiety disorder on top of it.

Just sharing...time to work on a personal statement for residency apps. Somehow I need to turn "My name is MM2B and I want to be a family doctor. Please help me." into a 1 page work of art and intelligence. :p
Simple words to live by...

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them on the head.
monkeymd2b
4th Chair

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie