Tell Your Boss Philly Needs Help

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Tell Your Boss Philly Needs Help

Postby BigJon@Work » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Nicole Marie, please tell your boss that Philly needs him again. WYSP is going through another programming thrash where they threw out all their talkers and are playing live tracks all morning and DJ-less tracks for the rest of the day. It sucks!

If the rest of your don’t know what I’m talking about, Michael Picozzi was once the overnight host on b.com, known as Mr. Sincere, and is the stations’ Program Director/Operations Manager. He was a DJ and Program Director on both of Philadelphia main rock stations when I was a kid. He mixed just the right amount of goofy humor and acidity into his on-air persona, and is still probably the finest DJ Philly rock stations have ever seen. WYSP was at its height when he was PD. Now it is spiraling into the abyss.

Do you think he wants to come back? :P
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Re: Tell Your Boss Philly Needs Help

Postby picozzi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:47 am

Big Jon

Thanks for the kind words and for remembering me. I'm having just as much fun being goofy and acidic on WCCC upstairs from Beethoven. I'd much rather work for this company than that one. They certainly have messed up the old 94YSP. I did love Philly though...I just ran out of stations to work for. Long live Mr. Sincere!!!
picozzi
Section Player

Re: Tell Your Boss Philly Needs Help

Postby BigJon@Work » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forum Michael, don't be a stranger. :toast:
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Return to Nicole Marie