Title on home page

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Title on home page

Postby Sarcyn » Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:08 am

Hi,<BR>I am a frequent listener, often all through a long working day. One hing annoys me, however: that the announcement on the home page "now playing" is not updated. The same title sometimes ramins during several pieces. One of the advantages with radio on the internet could be that you know what is playing, but unfortunately not on Beethoven.<BR>Sarcyn :mad:
Sarcyn
Section Player

Re: Title on home page

Postby superich » Mon May 13, 2002 5:04 am

if you tune into beethoven on the 64 kbs mp3 stream which is a available from <A HREF="http://www.shoutcast.com" TARGET=_blank>www.shoutcast.com</A> or if you have an apple computer with itunes just use your tuning service. This will provide ID3 tags on the mp3 stream.
superich
5th Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon May 13, 2002 2:16 pm

The scrolling text at the top will not update unless you refresh the entire page. But if you bring up the small window box called "Now Playing" located under the "On the Air" section on the left of the page, that will update as the music changes and give you the correct information.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby EJA » Mon May 13, 2002 2:58 pm

Actually, I find that the marquee doesn't refresh even when I refresh the page. I have to close all instances of my browser and open it again to get the marquee to refresh. That's OK, though, because I just ignore it and use the Now Playing link that Nicole mentioned.
– EJA

Reality: An important truth test
EJA
3rd Chair

Return to Radio-Active