name of song played on Beethoven.com?

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

name of song played on Beethoven.com?

Postby violinist4ever » Sun May 15, 2005 12:24 pm

Does anyone know the name of the song that was played on beethoven.com around 1 o'clockpm Sunday, May 15, 2005? It was played right after Beethoven's 6th Symphony. I checked the music log, but it wasn't listed on there. The song was on the slower side and it was beautiful. I don't think it was the first movement of the 3rd symphony, but I could be wrong. If anyone knows what I am talking about, could you please let me know? Thanks a lot! :)
:)
violinist4ever
4th Chair

Re: name of song played on Beethoven.com?

Postby hal 9000 » Sun May 15, 2005 1:56 pm

Hello violinist4ever, Welcome the the Pit!

I looked at the music log just a few minutes ago (you have to wait a bit for recent music to populate there, so in the future just check the Music log an hour or so after you hear the piece you want to check) and I think what you heard was most likely the 2nd movement of Beethoven's Symphony No. 3 "Eroica", also known as the Funeral March movement. It is a hauntingly beautiful movement and one of my personal faves from the master. Hope that helped. :)
Gentleman! You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
hal 9000
1st Chair

Return to Radio-Active