Your Tastes When Listening to Classical Radio

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Re: Your Tastes When Listening to Classical Radio

Postby Orfeo12 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:54 am

I live for classical Radio stations and I listen to a lot of them. It is very hard to decide for an Ideal classical radio station.
I think that a good classical station must:
Play musical excerpts that do not exceed 15 minutes during the working hours, the way Radio Swiss Classic does.
From 5 to 7 PM the music must be of a very light character as this is rush hour for most people.
The early evening is the perfect time for complete works, symphonic concerts and so on and the late evening a great time for opera and broadcasts with educational material about music.
And from midnight to 6 am I welcome lots of chamber and instrumental music.

As for the weekends, I love to listen to complete symphonic works, Operas, Programs about a variety of music and finally a good radio station must be able to keep you good company and make you feel as inside the speakers you can find good friends you can count on. Beethoven radio is very succesful at that.

JD
Orfeo12
Section Player

Re: Your Tastes When Listening to Classical Radio

Postby Shapley » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 am

Hello, Orfeo,

Welcome to the B.com BB!

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron