Presenter

Let's talk radio! What's happening in your city? Who's got the hot new formats and how do you get YOUR classical music? Program directors will read this and your voice will be heard. Get Radio-Active here.

Moderators: Nicole Marie, ScottB

Presenter

Postby Shapley » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:12 am

I know we had a thread on Presenter in the past, but I can't find it. It must have been under Eric's or Dan's header, which can't be accessed.

Anyhow, I received an e-mail from Mrs. Presenter recently, and she'll be traveling close to my area next month. My family are planning to join her for dinner in St. Louis. Presenter has a distributor for his music in America, Fuzzy Cat Records, which is sold by Back 40 Books located in rural Missouri (near Analog's stomping grounds, as well as Mother Mo Cridhe's, I believe). We're looking forward to meeting her. I'm not sure if Presenter will be along for the trip or not.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Re: Presenter

Postby analog » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Shapley wrote:I know we had a thread on Presenter in the past, but I can't find it. ...

Presenter has a distributor for his music in America, Fuzzy Cat Records, which is sold by Back 40 Books located in rural Missouri (near Analog's stomping grounds, as well as Mother Mo Cridhe's, I believe)........
Shapley

Indeed, paste this:

Hartshorn MO 65479

into Google maps and you'll find they're in S Central Missouri. It's a beautiful, sparsely populated part of the country with plenty of rivers, mild winters and gorgeous summer nights.

People asked me why I retired to the Ozarks.
I tell them I've followed the smart money - Weyerhausers own the south of Arkansas, Rockerfellers the north, and Forbes is a heavy in Missouri. Maybe some will rub off. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:14 am

analog,

I had already Google Earth'd Hartshorn, MO. My family and I floated the Current River at Van Buren, which is about an hour-and-a-half from here recently. It looked like Hartshorn was a little less than hour the other side of that.

Mrs. Presenter says that they have a full schedule while in Hartshorn, but we'll have time for dinner in St. Louis, so my family and I will be meeting her there.

If you've ever ordered any of Presenter's CD's direct from them, you'll see that Mrs. Presenter is one of the nicest people in Business. At least one of the nicest I've ever dealt with.

V/R
Shapley

BTW, whatever happened to Mother Mo McCridhe? Do you ever hear from her? She was in Thayer, MO, I believe.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby analog » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 am

Hi Shap --

Every time I'm in Thayer (20 miles away) I wonder about Mo. Maybe I'll check the phone book...

Ahhh the Current River - in my college days (mid sixties) I floated the Current about fifty miles from Montauk Spring to Owl's Bend , near Eminence. Two nights under the stars....it's still among the best of my memories. I understand they've since designated it a "wilderness waterway" meaning it won't ever be developed or dammed. It's a good easy float - small rapids to break the monotony but nothing life threatening. There you can still find dark sky at night - we forget just how many stars there are. Like powdered sugar.

I think I need to sample some Presenter material. Classic guitar is enchanting - I think it was Carlos Montoya came to our school (Rolla) around 1965 on some kind of backwoods cultural tour, I never forgot that either.

a.
Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:50 am

Presenter's music is interesting. I don't know that he is the first to play classical music on electric guitar, I seem to recall some rock bands including rock versions of classics in their repertoire, but he is the first electric guitarist I am familiar with to work solely in classical music. He does not play classical guitar pieces on electric guitar, he plays arrangements of classical works transcribed for electric guitar. I enjoy it.

I first heard his work on Beethoven.com. Dan Maseli used to play selections of his works fairly often. B.com still has them in the library, and will play them on request. I request something by him periodically.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:10 pm

The family and I traveled to St. Louis last Wednesday and enjoyed dinner with Mrs. Presenter. She is a wonderful lady, and we had a pleasant visit. We met her at the hotel and drove to Applebee's (It was nearby, offered decent food, and was quiet enough to engage in conversation).

She hopes to return to U.S., with Presenter, soon. She was wondering how to get in touch with Dan Maselli. Dan was a Presenter fan and introduced many of us to his music. I'm not sure if he was the first to play Presenter's music on B.com, but he was the first I heard play it. Is Dan still in the radio business? I didn't find a website for him, but I don't know if I spelled his name correctly or if "Dan Maselli" was a nom de plume.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:12 pm

Shapley,

I think Dan left the radio business and went back to banking.
Used to call him early in the morning can chat....

There was no forwarding info...

sorry..

tm
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:38 pm

T/M

Thanks. I knew he had left classical radio, but I remembered that he had an interest in Jazz and other types of music. I thought he might have strayed into some other radio format.

He was a pleasure to have on the air - he was always frequently bringing us out-of-the-ordinary pieces of music - Presenter, Giles Apap & the Transylvanian Mountain Boys, etc.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Shapley » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:40 am

Ayako Susa, a.k.a. Mrs. Presenter, has sent me a copy of Presenter's latest CD, Vol. 6. Lots of Vivaldi on this one.

It can be found at CD Baby: Presenter Vol. 6

I believe she said she has sent a copy to Nicole Marie. I'll request a piece for today's guitar fun.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby piqaboo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Try looking for him on facebook.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:22 pm

I've looked, and haven't found him there. I mentioned facebook to Mrs. Presenter a while back. I 'follow' her on Twitter, but I don't use Twitter much, and apparently she doesn't either. We generally communicate by e-mail. I think the fine fellows over at Guitar 9 got her started on Twitter. I'm not sure if the are still in touch.

Maybe I should ask if she wants me to set up a facebok page for him.

Speaking of Guitar9 records, BTW, I was looking there earlier to see if they have Presenter's Vol. 6 listed yet, and stumbled on this: Warren Robert: Mozart's Requiem. Another curiosity in the attempt to make the electric guitar a classical instrument.

I still think Presenter does it best. But all I've heard of Mr. Warren is the short audio clips provided by Guitar9. I'll have to hear more.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Return to Radio-Active