Fond Farewell

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Fond Farewell

Postby shostakovich » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi folks. This is to alert you that I'll be leaving the BBB for a few months. It's not a health problem, as is often the case with older folk. I'm taking on a project, with my son's great help, to try to convert my old slide-tape programs to DVD. It will probably take years, as I'm already busier than I like to be, but the big push will be in the next 3 months. So, happy Valentine's Day, Presidents' Day, St Patrick's Day, Passover, and Easter. I'll check in again Wednesday, and then depart. See you in the Spring.
Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:47 pm

i'm sure you can spare one post a day?!
bignaf
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:28 am

Is a slide tape where slides are synced to a soundtrack? What are the topics?

Wish you well!
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:33 am

Shos, may your addiction to the BBB overcome your work ethic!

;)
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:52 am

Shos,
Please check in when you can...
We will miss you!!!

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Shapley » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:31 am

Shos,

Your contributions will be missed. Hurry back!

V/R

Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:59 am

Good luck, Shos. If you still have the slides, could you scan them to a powerpoint show?

One of the myriad pieces of AV gear I have acquired but don't have hooked up is a slide-to-video scanner. It has a carousel tray and a video output. It needs a bit of work, but it's waaaaay down on my todo list.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:05 am

Shos,

Please try and check in with us when you can, as you'll be missed. I also look forward to reading your input and opinions on music topics.

Plus, I need to discuss the Phil Goulding book with you since I've finished reading it! :)

Best of luck with your projects, and come back to the BBB as soon as you can!

Ray
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:01 am

Shos,

I hear that there is a good 12 step plan in your area for breaking one's addiction to the BBB. Good luck on your project. As far as the BBB is concerned, Take it one day at a time.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:15 am

Now, this thead should NOT have been posted under the debate section. I could've missed it, you know!

:P

Good luck with the project, and don't be late. :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:16 am

:grouphug: No, Nooooooo, say it isn't so? No Shos? :gloom:

Well, good luck on the project. May it take less time and go easier than you expect.
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:07 pm

:sad:

We'll be looking for you, April 30th. No bein' late now, y'hear?
But it would be very nice to "see" from you before then.

Good luck with your project.

(Im hoping the BBB is like coffee, and one just cant get started in the morning without it. Plus, I'd like to hear how the learning process goes and see how each new tape gets converted faster and faster. Im greedy, I am.)
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby shostakovich » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:30 pm

Thanks, all, for the good wishes.

Hi Big. You know about Lays Chips. You can't just eat one. Well, if I got to the BBB, I would be gulping it.

Hi BigJon. You are right except for the "synchronized". I have to advance the slides manually. Hence my desire to convert to DVD. The topics deal with art and music in combination, plus a few narrated programs. One of them is a 2-part Sibelius biography, my "magnum opus".

Hi OT. It's not only my addiction to the BBB, but my addiction to BB (Bush Bashing) that I'm giving up. Lord, give me strength.

Hi TM. I'll miss you guys, too.

Hi Shap. Surely not all my contributions. I'm hoping the "surge" does some good, but I fear it can not be permanent. If it's long enough to get our troops out, I'll consider it "success".

Hi Barfle. I'm afraid I'm computer illiterate, which is why I need to drive an hour to see my son. So far, I've been going once a week. Maybe some day I will be able to put something up on the BBB.

Hi Ray. I'll miss your contributions, and would be happy to do a Phil Goulding thread sometime.

Hi Jamie. I'm only putting a dent in my addiction, not a break. Going cold turkey is temporary.

Hi Nav. I would never have forgiven my oversight if you had missed it. I used the debate section because it's where I post most.

Hi Selma. I've been working on the first program for a month now. It may be finished next week. Others should not take so long, but there are about 20 in all. I'll miss your wit and creative icons.

Hi Piq. I'll be back sometime in April, not necessarily as late as the 30th. Meanwhile, take care of the tenor. He looks great in his Boris peasant costume.

See you all in the spring.
Shos
shostakovich
1st Chair

Postby GreatCarouser » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:48 pm

darn...hope you check this ....good luck on your project. Hope we hear from you soon....
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Mark Twain
GreatCarouser
2nd Chair

Postby dai bread » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:47 pm

Well!! I don't check in for a couple of days and this happens!

Good luck with the project, Shos. I look forward to reading more of your posts in due course.
We have no money; we must use our brains. -Ernest Rutherford.
dai bread
1st Chair

Return to The Debate Team