Grammy's!

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Grammy's!

Postby jamiebk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:27 pm

Congratulations to all the Grammy winners, but especially to our own (if you live where I do) San Francisco Symphony for the following awards:

Classical Album: "Mahler: Symphony No. 7," Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor, Andreas Neubronner, producer (San Francisco Symphony).

Orchestral Performance: "Mahler: Symphony No. 7," Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor (San Francisco Symphony).

Any chance our good friends at B.com could pick up a copy of the recording and air the whole symphony?
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:54 pm

February 12 2007

Below is a partial list of the Grammy Awards. For more Grammy coverage, see http://www.ctnow.com.

Pop Collaboration with Vocals: "For Once in My Life," Tony Bennett and Stevie Wonder.

Best Female R&B Album: Mary J. Blige, "The Breakthrough

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: Mary J. Blige, "Be Without You"

Best Country Album: "Taking the Long Way Home," the Dixie Chicks

Best Rap Album: "Release Therapy," Ludacris

Classical Album: "Mahler: Symphony No. 7," Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor, Andreas Neubronner, producer (San Francisco Symphony).

Orchestral Performance: "Mahler: Symphony No. 7," Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor (San Francisco Symphony).

Opera Recording: "Golijov: Ainadamar: Fountain of Tears," Robert Spano, conductor, Kelley O'Connor and Dawn Upshaw; Valerie Gross and Sid McLauchlan, producers (Women of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra).

Latin Pop Album: "Adentro," Arjona.

Rap Solo Performance: "What You Know," T.I.

Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: "Ridin," Chamillionaire featuring Krayzie Bone.

Rap/Sung Collaboration: "My Love," Justin Timberlake featuring T.I.

Rap Song: "Money Maker," Christopher Bridges and Pharrell Williams (Ludacris featuring; "Ridin," Anthony Henderson, J. Slainas, O. Salinas and Hakeem Seriki.

Gospel Performance: "Victory," Yolanda Adams.

Gospel Song: "Imagine Me," Kirk Franklin (Kirk Franklin).

Southern, Country, or Bluegrass Gospel Album: "Glory Train," Randy Travis.

Traditional Blues Album: "Risin' With the Blues," Ike Turner.

Contemporary Blues Album: "After the Rain," Irma Thomas.

Compilation Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media: "Walk the Line," Joaquin Phoenix and Various Artists.

Score Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media: "Memoirs of a Geisha," John Williams, composer.

Song Written for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media: "Our Town (From Cars)," Randy Newman (James Taylor).

Instrumental Composition: "A Prayer for Peace," John Williams, composer (John Williams), from "Munich - Soundtrack."

Instrumental Arrangement: "Three Ghouls," Chick Corea, arranger (Chick Corea), from "The Ultimate Adventure."

Traditional Folk Album: "We Shall Overcome - the Seeger Sessions," Bruce Springsteen.

Contemporary Folk/Americana Album: "Modern Times," Bob Dylan.

Reggae Album: "Love Is My Religion," Ziggy Marley.

Traditional World Music Album: "Blessed," Soweto Gospel Choir.

Musical Show Album: "Jersey Boys."

Producer of the Year, Non-Classical: Rick Rubin.

Musical Album for Children: "Catch That Train," Dan Zanes and Friends.

Comedy Album: "The Carnegie Hall Performance," Lewis Black.

New Age Album: "Amarantine," Enya.

Contemporary Jazz Album: "The Hidden Land," Béla Fleck and the Flecktones.

Jazz Instrumental Solo: "Some Skunk Funk," Michael Brecker.

Jazz Instrumental Album, Individual or Group: "The Ultimate Adventure," Chick Corea.

Latin Jazz Album: "Simpatico," the Brian Lynch/Eddie Palmieri Project.

Pop Instrumental Performance: "Mornin'," George Benson (& Al Jarreau).

Pop Instrumental Album: "Fingerprints," Peter Frampton.

Dance Recording: "Sexy Back," Justin Timberlake and Timbaland.

Electronic/Dance Album: "Confessions on a Dance Floor," Madonna.

Traditional Pop Vocal Album: "Duets: an American Classic," Tony Bennett.

Male R&B Vocal Performance: "Heaven," John Legend.

R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: "Family Affair," (Sly and the Family Stone), John Legend, Joss Stone With Van Hunt.

Traditional R&B Vocal Performance: "God Bless the Child," George Benson and Al Jarreau featuring Jill Scott.

Urban/Alternative Performance: "Crazy," Gnarls Barkley.

R&B Song: "Be Without You," Johnta Austin, Mary J. Blige, Bryan-Michael Cox and Jason Perry (Mary J. Blige).

Contemporary R&B Album: "B'Day," Beyoncé.

Female Country Vocal Performance: "Jesus, Take the Wheel," Carrie Underwood.

Male Country Vocal Performance: "The Reason Why," Vince Gill.

Country Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "Not Ready to Make Nice," Dixie Chicks.

Country Collaboration With Vocals: "Who Says You Can't Go Home," Bon Jovi and Jennifer Nettles.

Country Song: "Jesus, Take the Wheel," Brett James, Hillary Lindsey and Gordie Sampson (Carrie Underwood).

Bluegrass Album: "Instrumentals," Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder.

Jazz Vocal Album: "Turned to Blue," Nancy Wilson.

Female Pop Vocal Performance: "Ain't No Other Man," Christina Aguilera.

Male Pop Vocal Performance: "Waiting on the World to Change," John Mayer.

Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "My Humps," Black Eyed Peas.

Solo Rock Vocal Performance: "Someday Baby," Bob Dylan.

Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: "Dani California," Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Rock Instrumental Performance: "The Wizard Turns On ... ," the Flaming Lips.

Rock Song: "Dani California," Flea, John Frusciante, Anthony Kiedis and Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Alternative Music Album: "St. Elsewhere," Gnarls Barkley.
Copyright 2007, Hartford Courant
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Selma in Sandy Eggo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:17 pm

I have dropped the SFO Mahler, and the Springsteen Does Seeger albums in my Amazon cart. You know you're hard on my budget, right?
>^..^<
Selma in Sandy Eggo
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:31 pm

Selma in Sandy Eggo wrote:I have dropped the SFO Mahler, and the Springsteen Does Seeger albums in my Amazon cart. You know you're hard on my budget, right?

Just trying to keep you on the cutting edge Selma :wink:
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Return to Musical Notes