Member List Found

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Member List Found

Postby Catmando » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:08 am

Good morning,

I came across this yesterday, while looking at the "Who's Online" Status, I noticed there was a "guest" looking at a Forum "Members List". :shock:

I did not know from where they found this, but I figured I would post it.

If you click on Select sort method "Total Posts" and choose "Descending" order, you get the Top posters from Top to bottom. I'm actually # 11 on the list, behind Hal 9000! :D

((I'll say my goodbyes to everyone now, in case by posting this link I am forever banished from the beethoven bulletin board.)) :grouphug:

Here's the link:

BBB Members List
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:15 am

Wow! The earliest members are from 37 years ago, and one of them certainly has an Indian-Indian connection. :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 am

That's pretty neat. I didn't know that was available.

Looks like there's been lots of bots in the past couple years, judging by the names.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Nicole Marie » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:05 am

Excellent! Now where the hell are all those people and why aren't they posting?!?!?! :kickcan:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:07 am

Wow....who knew?? :shock:
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:08 am

HI, good morning, your ladyship!

I see that if GC and TheGC were merged, or BJ@work with BJ, Haggis@work w Haggis, these guys'd rise fast in the verbosity rankings.

I wanna know how mmichaelson aka saxybuff is doing. Should I be making up a babyclothes care package? Lioness? etc. But I dont think we should let Dave post anymore. He was bad for the electronics :wink:
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:30 am

Nicole Marie wrote:Excellent! Now where the hell are all those people and why aren't they posting?!?!?! :kickcan:

Phew! I'm not in trouble. When I saw Nicole posting I saw my bbb life flash before my eyes. :P :sing:
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby jamiebk » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:35 am

I'd still be curious to know where the heck that link came from. I have searched all over this board and never found anything like that. How could a "guest" discover it and peruse? Perhaps a Techie. Excellent pick-up Cat! :victory:
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby navneeth » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:38 am

It's from the Chamber of Secrets. :D
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:47 am

Nicole Marie wrote:Excellent! Now where the hell are all those people and why aren't they posting?!?!?! :kickcan:

If they're not posting... Let's all hope they are listening to B.com!!!!

:mrgreen:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:49 am

Catmando wrote:

Phew! I'm not in trouble. When I saw Nicole posting I saw my bbb life flash before my eyes. :P :sing:

:rotfl:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby Serenity » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:16 am

What a find! Look at the alphabetical listing. Hey, who used serenity with a number? Oh, that guy Nudewigvonb was kind of funny.......I'll have to play later.
Serenity
1st Chair

Postby Catmando » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:26 pm

Some very interesting usernames indeed! :shock:

There is a BigJon Confused. :rofl:
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby BigJon » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:02 pm

Hmmm, who was I pissing off in Oct. of 2005? :mrgreen:
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby BigJon » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:18 pm

jamiebk wrote:I'd still be curious to know where the heck that link came from. I have searched all over this board and never found anything like that. How could a "guest" discover it and peruse? Perhaps a Techie. Excellent pick-up Cat! :victory:

I administer a phpBB forum. From my experience, most guests listed are bots. phpBB is a very well known forum structure and the default location for most features gets crawled by the bots looking for vulnerabilities and places to create their spam.

Just scanning the list, I can see obvious spammers among the usernames. The goal of the majority of them is to place their website links in a place where Google will crawl them and extract the website link and count it towards pages rankings. It's a slimy business and one we fight all the time. The more people that use the forum, the harder the spambots hit it.

I'm assuming Chris and Sarge are keeping up with the latest phpBB techniques for thwarting the bots and the names that are in there are people who were registered before the bot defense were put up. My fellow admin has a tool that auto-removes the spammers if you are interested.
Even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. – Me! Feb 9, 2001
BigJon
2nd Chair

Postby treebeau » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:42 am

For Piq (small boo):

I email Saxy every now and again. She is in her 25th week of pregger-nancy. Gonna have a girl and name her Kaylee. She blogs all about it at:
http://happymandi.blogspot.com/

Just for fun I ran a quick search and found that she posted the word "excited" at least 4 times in February. :D

I wonder what ever became of the electricuted/frozen bobcat. Would like to see a photo of that bad boy...stuffed of course.

Regards,
Tim B.
treebeau
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:05 pm

BigJon wrote:
jamiebk wrote:I'd still be curious to know where the heck that link came from. I have searched all over this board and never found anything like that. How could a "guest" discover it and peruse? Perhaps a Techie. Excellent pick-up Cat! :victory:

I administer a phpBB forum. From my experience, most guests listed are bots. phpBB is a very well known forum structure and the default location for most features gets crawled by the bots looking for vulnerabilities and places to create their spam.

Just scanning the list, I can see obvious spammers among the usernames. The goal of the majority of them is to place their website links in a place where Google will crawl them and extract the website link and count it towards pages rankings. It's a slimy business and one we fight all the time. The more people that use the forum, the harder the spambots hit it.

I'm assuming Chris and Sarge are keeping up with the latest phpBB techniques for thwarting the bots and the names that are in there are people who were registered before the bot defense were put up. My fellow admin has a tool that auto-removes the spammers if you are interested.

Whew...all this techno-talk is a bit beyond my meager web surfing knowledge. "Bots crawling websites looking to deposit spam" I guess Chris and Sarge are doing yeoman's duty on keeping this site clean because I rarely encounter a problem. More so, the BB usually works great. Thanks guys...er...keep the "bots" away...er...I guess :dunce: :rofl:
Jamie

jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby OperaTenor » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:24 pm

treebeau wrote:I wonder what ever became of the electricuted/frozen bobcat. Would like to see a photo of that bad boy...stuffed of course.

Regards,
Tim B.

I thought the Bobsicle belonged to Ethan!

Someone else who I wouldn't mind hearing from again.
"To help mend the world is true religion."
- William Penn

http://www.one.org
OperaTenor
Patron

Postby barfle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:24 pm

The earliest member I remember is Sir Stew, who used to host in the mornings. Lliam is the oldest non-employee I recognize, then serge utizberea (haven't heard from him in a while), shos, Jeff Dutton, and me (#153).

I also remember audiogirl, Mahler Maestro, violin, and many others.

It's as bad as looking at my old high school yearbook.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby bignaf » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:56 pm

interesting! lots of old familiar names.
bignaf
1st Chair

Next

Return to Helping Hand