Masters Tournament

If you would like to post a topic on the Beethoven Bulletin Board but you cannot find an appropriate location... post it here!

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Masters Tournament

Postby Catmando » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Wow! With my love of classical music, I've completely forgotten about so many sports events that I use to follow (not that that is a bad thing).

I used to keep up with what was happening in golf, and especially the 4 Major tournaments, and the Players Championship.

Someone at work just told me that it's the Masters tournament at Augusta, GA starting today! This is my absolute favorite tournament to watch, because of the famed Augusta National Golf Course.
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:14 pm

Cat,
Yes, the Masters has started... I think Tiger Woods is teeing off very soon...

My parents moved to Augusta and were 5 minutes from the
course....

It is really beautiful down there.....

TM

:D
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby DavidS » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:17 am

Golf? I seem to remember someone defining it as a game in which a guy using a club hits a ball containing about 100 rubber bands all extended to about a quarter of the tension to which the guy trying to hit it fairly and squarely is subject.
Tel grain, tel pain.
DavidS
2nd Chair

Postby DavidS » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:25 am

Then there's soccer: 22 ruffians chasing a ball - when one gets close enough he KICKS or HEADS it out of sight. And they get paid more than engineers and teachers.
Tel grain, tel pain.
DavidS
2nd Chair

Return to Culture Connections