Opus X'

Chat with fellow classical music fans about your favorite composers. Ask a question about your favorite composition. Musicians are encouraged to post their ideas about music or a performance! This forum is for classical music fans from all around the world! Join in a classical conversation today.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby Shapley » Tue May 01, 2007 11:30 am

I thought the idea was to decifer the puzzle, i.e. determine how the puzzle leads to the solution. Since I could not decifer the connection between the other pictures and the composer, I felt I had not performed the task adequately, and did not want to submit a 'partial'.

I generally don't solve Hal's either. I think I've only solved one, and that is because there were enough hints to make the answer obvious.

I recognized Stravinsky from his photo, so his connection with Prince Charles made me think of Prince Igor. Since I could no decifer Borodin's name from the rest, I figured I could be wrong about Prince Igor, and that, perhaps the clue was Prince Charles and Igor Stravinsky, and thus was coronation music for Charles IV.

As I've said, I'm no good at these things.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby navneeth » Tue May 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Shapley wrote: perhaps the clue was Prince Charles and Igor Stravinsky, and thus was coronation music for Charles IV.

Wow!

:rofl:
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue May 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Could've been Charles Ives. :D
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Previous