SAVE BEETHOVEN RADIO!!!

Chat with other listeners of the Nicole Marie show here!
-- On the Air from 8 AM - 1 PM

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Postby navneeth » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:53 pm

You may need to write to your representative again.
Link
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:04 am

My congressman did finally respond...

"Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding the Copyright Royalty Board’s (CRB) decision that would substantially increase royalty rates. I apologize that the heavy volume of mail I have received has delayed my response, but I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Like you, I believe that Internet radio plays an integral role in our culture and must be protected. These stations provide a distinctive type of programming without commercial breaks and give many a forum for open public expression.

As you may know, earlier this year the CRB, an oversight body created by Congress to settle royalty disputes in the music business, issued a new, higher fee structure for Web music broadcasts. The ruling has prompted a largely negative response from Web-based and public radio station operators. This new fee structure could potential push many groups out of the market. I want you to know that I too share your concerns about this ruling.

You will be pleased to know that I am a cosponsor of the Internet Radio Equality Act (H.R. 2060). This legislation addresses the recent development with the Copyright Royalty Board by nullifying their ruling altogether for web casting and the rates for such digital performances.

The Internet Radio Equality Act was introduced by Congressman Jay Inslee of Washington and I am happy to say has widespread bipartisan support. It has been referred to both the House Committee on the Judiciary and the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

Please be assured that I will keep your views firmly in mind should I have the opportunity to vote on this legislation.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again on any matter of concern. You can also visit my website (http://www.house.gov/israel) to learn more about the issues important to you.

Sincerely,

STEVE ISRAEL
Member of Congress "
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby navneeth » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:06 pm

Last edited by navneeth on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:50 am

The Silent Protest is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Radio stations can make a bigger impact by talking to their listeners and expressing to them how important this issue is.

The majority of listeners don't care about this issue. They will try to tune into a radio station that day and not hear anything. They will then simply find another station to listen to. The intended "impact" of the day of silence will be lost on most people. Given the numbers of listener we have and the respose we have heard from those that have contacted their state reps - it's only about 5%. Just like in national elections - people don't participate in the vote. So why would we tick off listeners, advertisers etc when we could do more by talking to people that day.
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:33 am

Nicole,

I agree.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Trumpetmaster » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:09 pm

i agree too .....
very good point Y.R.H.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby BigJon@Work » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:35 pm

HRH NM

What does your crystal ball report for the future of B.com? Anything new?
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:07 am

Any updates?
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby navneeth » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:19 am

Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby BigJon@Work » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:37 am

So, what may the DRM requirements mean for the way b.com operates? A custom or mandatory player?
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby Nicole Marie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:24 am

We are currently exploring a few different options so we can keep streaming. So far we are maintaining the status quo. You will never hear a difference on air, nothing is changing but we are looking into a few business moves behind the scene. We will let you know!

They are offering deals for large streaming companies where they will not have to pay more than $50,000 a year in royalties but we do not fit that definition. We really don't fit into any catagory when it comes to the deals they are offering for stations. We are just an independant station (those are the stations they really want to get rid of). But we have a few hands we still have not played! I'll keep you posted! :fight:
H.R.H. Nicole Marie
Eve was Framed
Nicole Marie
2nd Chair

Previous

Return to Nicole Marie