New B.com Format

The place to post questions and share helpful technical information or with other Beethoven.com community members about listening to Beethoven Radio.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: New B.com Format

Postby jamiebk » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks all....got it!
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Why don't you use the little orange buttons to take you to the first new post in the thread?

Because I didn't see the little orange button. I'm still getting the hang of this thing. As I said, everything's been moved. :confused:
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby BigJon@Work » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:09 pm

Shapley wrote:
Why don't you use the little orange buttons to take you to the first new post in the thread?

Because I didn't see the little orange button. I'm still getting the hang of this thing. As I said, everything's been moved. :confused:

They were in the same place in the old version too. :confused:
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby Shapley » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:14 pm

I never noticed them in the old format. I just clicked on the thread title and it took me to the last page. I would scroll to the last unread post. The only time it was a problem was when the page had turned since my last visit, and I have to scroll back a page to read missed posts. For some reason, changing pages always slowed the board waaaaayyyyyy down.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:53 pm

I'm not sure if it's a fault or a feature :lol:, but before when I clicked on a link, it opened a new window, which I could explore at will, then close and still be on the message with the link. Now it seems as though it navigates your window to that site.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:05 am

I believe there was an option to allow you to 'open links as new window'. I can't find that option here.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby Catmando » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:16 am

:?: Where did the "Who is online" function disappear to? You can't see who is online.

Also, I went to mark threads to subscribe to, but instead ended up "unmarking them" by marking them. :P
Catmando
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:28 am

Where did the "Who is online" function disappear to? You can't see who is online.

Good question. It was there yesterday morning, but I couldn't find it yesterday afternoon. I thought I had messed up something when changing the 'preferences'.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby navneeth » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:16 am

I would still like to see a link to New Posts on the top of every page, if it's possible. :)
Navneeth

Check out the History of the 30Q Game
navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby jamiebk » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:19 am

Catmando wrote::?: Where did the "Who is online" function disappear to? You can't see who is online.

Also, I went to mark threads to subscribe to, but instead ended up "unmarking them" by marking them. :P

I switched from my home computer yesterday. Everything looked good at home, but today when I came in the office, the formatting of the new BB screen was off. The right hand side is truncated and the horizantal divider lines extend out too far (or maybe where they are supposed to). Anyway, I can't see the "slash" that indicates who is on line. The monitor I am using is the same for both computers and the resolution settings are the same. Can't figure it out.
Jamie

"Leave it better than you found it"
jamiebk
1st Chair

Postby barfle » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:20 pm

Two items:

1. In all pages, there seems to be a border (on my right) that is incorrectly placed, cutting off the ends of various elements on the board - in particular the "go" button beside the "jump to" window that was there yesterday.

2. In the Board Index, the topic thread name with the newest post used to be visible. Now I don't know which thread I'm going to when I click on the teeny tiny itsy icon to get to the newest post.

But it does look good!
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:43 am

1. It takes several minutes to load a page, 4.5 to get to this reply screen

2. after I post it takes me to the thread but not to my post and I can't get to my last post.

The time delay is going to be a real killer for me. I've tried to log onto B.com from three separate computers and all of them have the same problem in load and switching between pages.
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:46 am

P.S. after I post I alway get this error message

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\WWW\beethoven\phpBB3\cache\tpl_prosilver_viewtopic_body.html.php on line 165
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.” Alexis De Tocqueville 1835
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby piqaboo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:14 pm

Wow, I thought I clicked on 'return to Helping Hand', but here I am with a reply window in front of me.
A new adventure, to help me keep my little grey cells working.
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:00 am

The response time now is great.
BUT
dramatically slows down by the time we get into the afternoon hours.

:badputer:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby navneeth » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 am

Trumpetmaster wrote:The response time now is great.
BUT

I'm guessing it's the high traffic during the afternoon hours that makes the board slow. :roll: :P

Actually, ever since the version change, I've noticed that it is generally faster than the old one.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby navneeth » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:31 pm

It's funny how every member joined either at 10:31:01 or 11:31:01. (Btw, those are the times I see. Yours may vary. :))
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

Postby Haggis@wk » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 pm

navneeth wrote:
Trumpetmaster wrote:The response time now is great.
BUT

I'm guessing it's the high traffic during the afternoon hours that makes the board slow. :roll: :P

Actually, ever since the version change, I've noticed that it is generally faster than the old one.

Lucky you, I've all but quit doing anything on the board except listen to the music. On the BB it takes an average of 2-4 minutes to get between pages and sometimes they just lock up and I have to open another window. It's all but impossible to even read the BB.

Hope it get better later on but for now I'm going to give it a miss
Haggis@wk
1st Chair

Postby Shapley » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:21 pm

It has been exceptionally slow lately. When they first switched to the new format, it seemed to be quicker, but now it is anything but.

The previous format was slow at times. This one has consistently been very slow at least for the last week.
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby navneeth » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Haggis@wk wrote: On the BB it takes an average of 2-4 minutes to get between pages and sometimes they just lock up and I have to open another window.

:shock: I was thinking more like 20-30 seconds.
Navneeth

navneeth
2nd Chair

PreviousNext

Return to Helping Hand