Sexless Sex Scandals

Everyone loves a healthy debate. Post an idea or comment about a current event or issue. Let others post their ideas also. This area is for those who love to explore other points of view.

Moderator: Nicole Marie

Re: Sexless Sex Scandals

Postby Shapley » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:07 pm

A (married) gentleman doesn't solicit gay sex in a public toilet either

Nor have I suggested that Sen. Craig is, or was, a gentleman. Senators call each other 'distinguished gentlemen'. As far as I know, no one else refers to them in that manner.

He did try to "act the gentleman", that being what was drilled into young men in the 1950's.

Nothing in his actions indicates that he was acting gentlemanly. The only honour he sought to preserve was his own, or at least the perception of it. A look at the record of his years in office should be enough to see that. He allowed Janet Reno, Susan McDougal, et. al. take the heat for problems in his adminstration with no thought to step up and save them. The term 'trailer park trash' was coined by his defense during the 'bimbo eruptions' during his term. He had no qualms about shaming women if it would save his rump. He was no 'gentlemen'.

V/R
Shapley
Quod scripsi, scripsi.
Shapley
Patron

Postby barfle » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Shapley wrote:Nothing in his actions indicates that he was acting gentlemanly. The only honour he sought to preserve was his own, or at least the perception of it. A look at the record of his years in office should be enough to see that. He allowed Janet Reno, Susan McDougal, et. al. take the heat for problems in his adminstration with no thought to step up and save them. The term 'trailer park trash' was coined by his defense during the 'bimbo eruptions' during his term. He had no qualms about shaming women if it would save his rump. He was no 'gentlemen'.

Yet, for reasons I fail to understand, lots of women were willing to forgive his transgressions. Was he really that appealing?
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby analog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm

Shapley wrote:
...........Nothing in his actions indicates that he was acting gentlemanly. The only honour he sought to preserve was his own, or at least the perception of it. ........... He was no 'gentlemen'.

V/R
Shapley

Hence your double entendre verb "acting"....pretending vs doing something is how I took your prior post. ....intransitive active tense? that English class was too long ago....
Not often do I defend Clinton, but I do forgive him that albatross. So far as we know Monica was not after rocket gyro plans.
Cogito ergo doleo.
analog
2nd Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 am

I don't care about his orientation.
Bottom line is can he do a good job.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby barfle » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:39 am

Trumpetmaster wrote:I don't care about his orientation.

Not that you're wrong, but in politics image is an important tool, and when you damage your image too much, you lose effectiveness. Of course with that group, tarnish helps your image.
--I know what I like--
barfle
1st Chair

Postby Trumpetmaster » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:48 am

barfle wrote:
Trumpetmaster wrote:I don't care about his orientation.

Not that you're wrong, but in politics image is an important tool, and when you damage your image too much, you lose effectiveness. Of course with that group, tarnish helps your image.

Barfle,
I agree with you.... It's just sad that people look for things that tarnish peoples images.
I don't believe you should have to resign if you did not commit a crime....
Then again... there are alot of people who have been "Resurrected" throughout their careers....

TM
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
Trumpetmaster
Patron

Postby BigJon@Work » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:38 am

barfle wrote: Yet, for reasons I fail to understand, lots of women were willing to forgive his transgressions. Was he really that appealing?

He was handsome, (as presidents go) youthful, and touchy-feely. Of course chicks dig that.

Note to HRH, chicks is used in a lighthearted and ironic manner, not intended to offend or demean.
"I am a 12 foot lizard." GCR Jan 31, 2006
BigJon@Work
2nd Chair

Postby piqaboo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:00 pm

"I've hooked up with Craig ... why not out some actual members and not their staffers?"

How hard did he have to work to come up with that set of double entendres? :lol: :lol:
Altoid - curiously strong.
piqaboo
1st Chair

Previous

Return to The Debate Team